• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road idiots!

We have a bunch of them around here and I hate to admit, I am getting used to them and I can shoot through town a lot faster than waiting for the light to turn green.

View attachment 1139108
They may work better in lower traffic areas, but in higher traffic/urban areas, they always turn out to be
mixing bowls of wrecks.
Some people these days can't drive down straight highways without running into one another, after all.

95%+ of the time it's all fun and sociable - then - there are a few dipshits who, for some reason, make a snide comment about not being a fan of the car "It looks nice; but thought they were kind of a weird body style back in the day." One of my replies: "Really dude? Ya came all the way over here to look at my car and engage in chat to announce this?" I get that my '63 Fury has a love / hate relationship; BUT is there a reason I need some schmuck to lemme know this?
Meh, comes with the turf. I'll give 'em a raised eyebrow and a smirk, then turn my back on 'em... :)

Meh, comes with the turf. I'll give 'em a raised eyebrow and a smirk, then turn my back on 'em... :)
Well - they are a certain breed...like the guy who will point out that sty for ya as if ya don't already know, lol. Oh yeah, thanks, for pointing it out for me and everyone else within earshot...was wondering why my eye was hurting and is all puffy seeing it in the mirror.

I’m tired of getting thumbs up from people!! Just let me drive in peace!
I’m tired of people also honking the horn or making gestures to get my attention to see their thumb up!!
I’m also so annoyed of people coming up to me at gas stations with their dumb stories that probably never happened that I just tell them it’s not my car it’s my brothers
I’m also tired of being asked if it’s for sale or finding notes if it’s for sale so what I do is I look for the oldest hinda civic on the lot abd put the note there
I’m also tired of these so called barret Jackson I watched one episode abd I’m an expert telling me about options in my car when they don’t own one
I’m also tired of people trying to race me
At first I read this and thought you were being sarcastic.
THEN I read your posts after this one.
Are you having a bad day or are you always this miserable? One of the reasons that these cars are fun is because they are different from new cars that you see every day. You hate the attention BUT you also stated before that you wanted a Charger instead?
Do you have any idea of how much more attention you'd get in one of those?
I have encountered guys with your attitude when driving their classics. It pisses me off and surely reflects poorly on the hobby. It is a sad thing when a young guy or a casual car enthusiast tries to show you some respect and appreciation for your car only to get ignored or cussed out for their efforts.

I kind of have a different problem. I live in the country, and have lots of great driving roads at my disposal. My problem is deer, lots and lots of deer. No longer are they just a problem at dusk, they’re out all day long. Coming home from horseback riding, there were literally dozens and dozens in the soybean fields, the wheat fields, and who know how many hiding in the corn. It’s sometimes very nerve wracking, as they can just take off across the road at any time. In town I get a lot of thumbs up, especially from Harley riders for some reason, probably hot rodders as well. It’s all part of the game, just hope the deer know what Dodge means!

At first I read this and thought you were being sarcastic.
THEN I read your posts after this one.
Are you having a bad day or are you always this miserable? One of the reasons that these cars are fun is because they are different from new cars that you see every day. You hate the attention BUT you also stated before that you wanted a Charger instead?
Do you have any idea of how much more attention you'd get in one of those?
I have encountered guys with your attitude when driving their classics. It pisses me off and surely reflects poorly on the hobby. It is a sad thing when a young guy or a casual car enthusiast tries to show you some respect and appreciation for your car only to get ignored or cussed out for their efforts.
Alright let’s see what you think of this because it sounds like you need validation to go on about your daily day, I don’t I really could care less what anyone thinks.

this has nothing to do with being miserable. The same could be said about you ? Are you that miserable or have such low self esteem that you need constant validation from people you don’t even know ? Do you need people to give you a thumbs up to feel complete ? Haa!

Do you like being on the freeway going 65-75 mph to have some idiot race up to you to lower his window, honk and make gestures to get your attention only to give you a thumbs up ?! You like that ?! That’s happened to me many times and yes I find it stupid! I’ve almost been hit because of morons like that.

Second I don’t know how old you are but when i drive my car I run into “ barret Jackson experts” who think Im driving my dads car and am willing to give it away. “Sure I’ll take 500 dollars for this old complete satellite add 250 and I’ll throw in a challenger too”
yes I find uneducated people who don’t know anything about cars or think they’re slick and can take advantage of me annoying!

Your comparing two different things a young guy showing respect and appreciation doesn’t do any of those things.

I don’t need to listen to he story of how some guy had a 69 challenger like mine with a hemi or how cool my mustang looks when there’s challenger badge on the grill.

now that’s the negative part of it, I only brought that up because of the topic being discussed. Yeah I get nice people too who admire the cars and that’s fine.

let’s agree to disagree and move on. no harm no foul. I still think you have one of the coolest cars here

Maybe I just have not had the same level of attention as you have had.
I have stated numerous times that I hate when other drivers run right along side me, shadow me, tailgate me or follow me no matter what car I am in. Yes, it would be worse if I was in the Charger. I will concede that you have an excellent point there.
This car of mine was built when I was 4 years old. They were common used cars when I was growing up. I saw them frequently.
When some dude wants to talk about his 64 Charger with a 429 Hemi, I let him ramble a bit and make an excuse to leave. When people hold up their phones to record video when driving next to me, I smile and wave. Nobody ever asks to buy it. They may ask if it is for sale but nobody has ever made an offer.

8.JPG

I used to get MORE attention when the car looked like this:

3 2000 L.JPG

It’s all in fun with most people. Some know cars and some have little clue; but are curious when they see them. Some guys give me an education knowing these cars like walking encyclopedias. I get a kick out of people who will stare at mine for a while then ask what it is…despite Plymouth in block letters on the hood, and Fury on the deck lid and fenders…then ask what year it is…despite my plates 63 Fury. One guy asked me “Plymouth huh? Who made that car?” And he was an old guy. I said Pontiac as he kept looking at it before telling him Chrysler. And all da stories about their grandpa having one, and a nice looking young gal that asked to sit in it asking “Hey, where’s the gear shift thingy?” I've had some fun with this.
The thumbs up and other friendly gestures and chats come with the territory having an old ride – a nice thing in this goofy world hey?

In my experience, there are only two kinds of drivers out there; ******** and Dipshits. ******** drive slower than I do, and Dipshits drive faster than I do.

Hmmm... reading all these is just a normal, regular day driving in New Jersey, the home state of idiot drivers. And a couple of you guys need a box of
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSy-R9wQAbnpr1AEVpOyfL6Y_EI3b_MuHd7cA&usqp=CAU.jpg

I kind of have a different problem. I live in the country, and have lots of great driving roads at my disposal. My problem is deer, lots and lots of deer. No longer are they just a problem at dusk, they’re out all day long. Coming home from horseback riding, there were literally dozens and dozens in the soybean fields, the wheat fields, and who know how many hiding in the corn. It’s sometimes very nerve wracking, as they can just take off across the road at any time. In town I get a lot of thumbs up, especially from Harley riders for some reason, probably hot rodders as well. It’s all part of the game, just hope the deer know what Dodge means!
I also live in farm country and have noticed that I have almost zero deer sightings (near the rode edges) at night in the Charger compared to the daily drivers? The wife has hit a few, I've slowed and even swerved to miss a few in my daily driver but when driving the Charger no close calls... loud exhaust??

As far as the attention goes, it's part of it and to me it's more rewarding than it is annoying. I've had many pictures taken, thumbs up, people approaching me in a parking lot to chat, offers to buy it, etc. I've never been rude and always waive back at them, I just don't see the negative side of being complemented on your car?

There is a difference between getting compliments and such; and people on the highway, acting the fool. Love the compliments and such. Despise the dipshits.

Missouri decades ago brought in Mountain Lions to help control the deer population. I had seen several while living there over the years. I totaled one car and hit deer 3 times with my pickup. It took years before the Conservation people admitting to it!!

Back about maybe '93 or 4 after the first Mopar price fall I was at a K.C. Mo Mopar swap/ event somewhere there, and I had a 70 Cuda roller, sitting on the trailer for sale. It looked like most back about 20 odd years after built, not real shiny or that pretty. Pasture or barn find. It was right after lunch and lots of people "sightseeing"> I told my buddy, watch this, I took the shoe polish and write across the windshield "real Hemi Cuda, complete except engine, $1000 CASH". Person after person walked by said stuff like " wow, wish I had some money", "be a great deal if it was not green", "do ya have a running hemi to go with it?", etc etc etc. After about an hour of this, I washed off the windshied and headed home. I was being ornary!

Spent 10 years driving in Houston traffic. 50
mile commute each way. I've experienced
all modes of bad driving mentioned here.
Holidays were the worst with traffic backed
up for 50 miles (bumper to bumper creep).
Bad enough at times where it was dead stop
and people would get out of their cars and
huddle up for a chit chat.
Drove a GT Mustang, and there was some one
wanting to challenge its' performance on a
daily basis.
Glad those days are over....

Meh!!! What annoys me is post like this that seem to be forever on going. I, when I have had my ride out, couldn't care a Rat's Patooty about what others around me are attempting to do as they try and get in my general space and my attention. I am more focused on paying attention to my driving and my surroundings then some Jack Wad vying for attention. Now my pet peeve is rally only one...What the FOOK is a turn signal for??? 99% seem to ignore their use ever!!! Why is that??? I for the like of me haven't a clue but it is obviously a fact. That is what pisses me off to no end!!! Use them!!! cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Last edited:
I don't get to drive my car alot.but when I do I'm all smiles and will take all the thumbs up I can get.but that's just me.also driving it when I can it usually puts a smile on a kids that wants to sit in it at a gas station.ive had people want to race or act up I just stay in my lane and cruise

Auto Transport Service
Back