• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner horn paint code ??

gkent

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:10 PM
Reaction score
Anyone got a paint code for the Road Runner horn "purple" ??

Yeah, I've used Testors BUT it doesn't stand the test of time - mine has faded so bad its almost white !!!

Just restored my horn using most of the info above, https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopa...restoration-with-photos.54143/#post-909901557. I found some testors 1234 paint and tested it on the horn before stripping it and it's not close so I ordered the horn paint from OER and it is right on. Cost about $35. shipped. The rivets I got from ACE hardware at .08 each and I bought the tool listed above from Hansons.

20200326_073112.jpg

I forgot to mention that the OER paint was very slow to dry at least a couple of days and I had to hang it in the house to help.

I used delstar ppg from year one too and just went to look at the can to see if there was a formula written on it but nope. The colour was bang on.

The YearOne stuff is: a) pricey b) won't ship to Canada c) ship date is like 5 weeks !!

Who is "OER" ??

The YearOne stuff is: a) pricey b) won't ship to Canada c) ship date is like 5 weeks !!

Who is "OER" ??

Original equipment restoration. Most things from. Lasdic industries are OER.

Yah year one is all of those things, but being that it’s ppg there must be a code- keep looking!

Auto Transport Service
Back