• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner pulls to the right

Well, I had the car on a lift and had a mechanic friend take a look. There wasn't any slop in the front end, but - Yep, waay too much neg. camber! He showed me where to adjust the upper control arm on the right/pass side.
Anybody here do that on their own? I know where you turn the cam bolts, but how?

Do you have an older established alignment shop near you? That's who I would like to take it to.

Not a newer chain store shop but someone who has been around long enough to know how the older cars are set up, and they have all the specs on file too. I know a shop in my area who really knows their classic cars. Wish you were closer.

There should be access covers that you remove, letting you get to both nut, and adjuster bolt head. Turn the bolt head end to adjust, locking it in via the nut (torqued).
I do mine with wheels on the ground, wrenches under the hood.

Try the guy in Jeanette like Harry says. I don't believe even if you've done alignments for 100yrs. that you can do it "by eye"..My tech wanted to test drive when he was done, now I've got a friend for life,lol....

Auto Transport Service
Back