• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Road Runner vent lines

Haven't had time to work on it yet, but I should be able to get to it this week.

I looked in a tank this morning, and it looks like the long vent going to the rear of the tank is on the pass. side. The short on is on the drivers side. So from the picture you put on here, I think you are hooked up right. To my way of thinking anyhow.

Mine is hooked up the other way, but that doesn't mean mine is right.

lol. I don't know how I'd look inside my tank without using a mirror, a snake cam or maybe a small C4 charge?

:)

Found this

tank.jpg

3748023-DSCN273628Custom29.jpg

Look at that; you are the man! However, that's how mine are hooked up . The only other thing I can think of is to disconnect the long tube & blow some air through it to see if it's blocked.

Looks like I need to switch mine around, I will probably pick up another 80 horsepower.

:laughing4:

Looks like I need to switch mine around, I will probably pick up another 80 horsepower.

:laughing4:

Maybe even riding wheelies with the tin chicken.

To help other searching this. Looks like reproduction fuel tanks may have the vent lines reversed inside the tank versus an original tank. The short external vent line from tank should connect to the tube that is long inside the tank and goes forward. The external vent line that goes up into trunk attaches to the short internal vent line that vents the rear of the tank.

Just had this happen to me when replacing the inlet tube grommet with a 3/4full tank. I parked the car on an incline forward down so I could pull inlet tube to replace grommet. Turns out the short tube vent on drivers side started dripping fuel. Car is fine on level or when tank inlet is sealed. G

Auto Transport Service
Back