• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rocker Switch Replacement Button Vendors for switch panel?

rakort

Local time
5:01 AM
Reaction score
Restoring my switch panel. Worst thing I'm dealing with right now is the chrome plated rocker switch buttons with tainted / peeling chrome. I've got two panels to choose parts from, but none the less I don't have ideal buttons to choose from.

I saw member 69GTX (IIRC) bought an expensive replacement set from megaparts and was disappointed with the quality and fitment of the Chinese knock offs.

I've done a cursory search of common vendors and ebay and haven't come up with many options.

What are options to purchase replacements or have OEM plastic parts rechromed?

The biggest problem with re-chroming is the removal of the original "vacuum plating". If its left in place and refinished by any process there will be imperfections at all the edges of the original finish. If you can figure how to get that original finish off then you're away to the races ... find someone who does "spray chrome" and if the guy is any good at it they'll look like new.

On the other hand if he isn't any good at it and his display is full of great samples from the previous business owner it'll look like this ugly blob - which he had the balls to want $25 for !! (the orange tint is the reflection off the walls)
IMG_0730[1].JPG

I had a wiper switch with this issue. I ended up biting the bullet and getting an NOS one from Tony. After what this car has cost, what's another $140, right?
Tim

One of mine had some chrome chipped off. I covered the face with thin aluminum tape and then trimmed it with an Exacto knife. Not prefect, but hard to spot at a cursory glance.

Auto Transport Service
Back