• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

rockers

cwhubb

Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
Do you have to re adjust the valves when you remove the rocker assembly on a 440?

To the best of my knowledge, I don't believe any 440's came with adj. rockers. (Max wedges did though) . Stockers were stamped steel on a common shaft so no, you don't (indeed can't) adjust the valves.

Not with factory rockers on a Hyd camshaft / lifters.

do you think ya got a chebbie there?...bolt 'em on...turn the key...and go terrorize some camaros....i do that all the time....its BIG FUN !

IF you have adjustable rockers, then yes, I'd recommend it. If not, and you remove the rockers from the shafts, keep in mind there is a left and right in reference to the pushrod cup on the rockers. make sure you go back together correctly. Also remember the shafts only install one correct way. WIth the oiling holes down and to the outside of the engine, pointing toward the valve springs.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back