• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

roller rockers for original stage 1-2 max wedge heads

If your set is no good to you and you’ve moved on from them I’m looking for a right hand .290 rocker for a missing one on a set that I have.
Haven't moved on yet.. these heads have at least one more ride into the sunset..

thanks ! but i'm under the impression Crane cams in most of there divisions are No longer in business....what part number r those rockers ?
they are owned by S&S Cycle
Daytona Beach Fl
the guys who build V-twin HP motorcycle engines now

they still use a lot of the old engineering & patterns
maybe even same part #'s (not 100% sure)

they are not out of business
just new ownership, new management, new machinery, cnc stuff etc.

disclosure;
I haven't bought anything from them in about 10+ years now

allegedly are still very high quality products
I used them for decades prior
with very few failures on all-out & true race engines
some spun well over 11,000 rpm too

Last edited:
Comp 1516’s are T&D’s

Comp 1071/1073 are HS
thats interesting,,i have an email into comp on the 1516's on what they can take open spring pressure wise but have not heard anything,,with a .250 offset they would work,,any thoughts on what u think they can handle ?

Now that Dwayne mentions it, those rockers do look likeT&D. If the picture is accurate, it looks like a one piece shaft bracket to take the place of the individual stands. I don't know if they require more machine work on 286 heads.
If those are T&D (I do not doubt Dwayne at all!) I would be surprised if they can't handle 800lb springs.

Now that Dwayne mentions it, those rockers do look likeT&D. If the picture is accurate, it looks like a one piece shaft bracket to take the place of the individual stands. I don't know if they require more machine work on 286 heads.
If those are T&D (I do not doubt Dwayne at all!) I would be surprised if they can't handle 800lb springs.
i agree, but getting useful info from those sites is almost impossible, if thats the case with the shaft brackets it mite just bolt on without the OEM max stands..But it never goes that easy at my house !

yep,,called t&d today and confirmed, CC 1516 and t-d 8200 r the same..and the picture is generic, does not have the lower shaft bracket attached, comes std like all the others with rockers, shafts, bolts and hold downs with spacers...heres a pic of a guy selling them on ebay #8201,,except they r 1.75 ratio, good luck with that sale...And they said people r using these regularly on stage 1-2 max heads, and can handle up to 1000lbs open spring pressure..ordered a set thru summit...anybody interested in a set of RAS 1.6 SS roller rockers brand new will fit trickflow heads....i no longer need mine.
s-l1600 (9).jpg
s-l1600 (7).jpg
s-l1600 (6).jpg

yep,,called t&d today and confirmed, CC 1516 and t-d 8200 r the same..and the picture is generic, does not have the lower shaft bracket attached, comes std like all the others with rockers, shafts, bolts and hold downs with spacers...heres a pic of a guy selling them on ebay #8201,,except they r 1.75 ratio, good luck with that sale...And they said people r using these regularly on stage 1-2 max heads, and can handle up to 1000lbs open spring pressure..ordered a set thru summit...anybody interested in a set of RAS 1.6 SS roller rockers brand new will fit trickflow heads....i no longer need mine.View attachment 1169711 View attachment 1169712 View attachment 1169713
must be a hell of a lot more of these heads out there than we think!

@stage3, are you gonna use the T&D on the early max heads that require stands? If you are, what stands are you gonna use?
I made some nice ones for myself, and I will find them some day, but I have a source for new billet ones if you need some.

@stage3, are you gonna use the T&D on the early max heads that require stands? If you are, what stands are you gonna use?
I made some nice ones for myself, and I will find them some day, but I have a source for new billet ones if you need some.
yes,,all i have r my original stands,,looked around for another source but MP no longer makes them,,Harland sharpe lists some but No description for what they fit..who has them ? thanks.

I found the Harland sharps on summits site, but the two part #s I found both have .more offset than stock. That may be a good idea with a big lift roller and roller rockers. I would contact B3 racing and see what he thinks.
Other than that.... I had a manufacturing company in Michigan that made billet versions, (name started with an A, Italian I think) BUT, sprint sold out to t mobile, and killed my phone. Data missing from new phone.
They also made hemi valvetrain stuff, I will try to remember the name.
Edit: Summit # for .100 offset hs stands, CSP-100BW2K
2nd edit: found on center hs stands. Summit# CSP-OCBW2K. (The OCBW2K is Harland sharps #)
pretty good part description on summits site.

Last edited:
I found the Harland sharps on summits site, but the two part #s I found both have .more offset than stock. That may be a good idea with a big lift roller and roller rockers. I would contact B3 racing and see what he thinks.
Other than that.... I had a manufacturing company in Michigan that made billet versions, (name started with an A, Italian I think) BUT, sprint sold out to t mobile, and killed my phone. Data missing from new phone.
They also made hemi valvetrain stuff, I will try to remember the name.
Edit: Summit # for .100 offset hs stands, CSP-100BW2K
2nd edit: found on center hs stands. Summit# CSP-OCBW2K. (The OCBW2K is Harland sharps #)
pretty good part description on summits site.
FOUND EM! Angelucci mfg, absolutely beautiful parts, eighty bucks less than hs, but marked sold out on their website. I would give them a call, anyway.

FOUND EM! Angelucci mfg, absolutely beautiful parts, eighty bucks less than hs, but marked sold out on their website. I would give them a call, anyway.

That seems like a really good price for that much machine work.

they r out of stock until next year,,something about moving the facility,,the price was good though..still considering the HS,,will probably wait until the rockers get here to be sure they r going to work before buying more stuff,,if they dont summit has an excellant return policy,,hopefully i wont have to use it.

recieved the T&D 8200 rockers,,they clear the heads, barely..oddball shaft size at .750. stock spacers r over .100 larger. these come with a nylon type spacers. its mocked up with a combination of both but the originals can move up and down on the shafts an 1/8 inch.. and so far i have not seen any avialable..but the thing i am most concerned about is pushrod to rocker angle..ball/ball..the stock iron units have an angle to them in relation to the tip,,appx 20-30 degrees..these r straight across, thus increasing the angle at 0 lift..
IMG_0835.JPG

recieved the T&D 8200 rockers,,they clear the heads, barely..oddball shaft size at .750. stock spacers r over .100 larger. these come with a nylon type spacers. its mocked up with a combination of both but the originals can move up and down on the shafts an 1/8 inch.. and so far i have not seen any avialable..but the thing i am most concerned about is pushrod to rocker angle..ball/ball..the stock iron units have an angle to them in relation to the tip,,appx 20-30 degrees..these r straight across, thus increasing the angle at 0 lift..View attachment 1171945
I have the .650 offset T&D I had to move the different thickness plastic spacers different than the way they came in the package, & the adjusters are to be about 1.5 to 2 turns from the top of being all the way UP iirc,read the directions it has to do with the oil hole in the adjuster, I also have the B3 racing geometry correction spacers, I know you have the mounting blocks where mine are the stock as cast
28783121_1662360527155983_8930233273292947456_o.jpg

Last edited:
You should have asked T&D about the stands.
They would have the correct size hole for their shafts.

You should have asked T&D about the stands.
They would have the correct size hole for their shafts.
i did talk to t&d about them but they are out 16 weeks for new orders but summit shipped them right away thru CC...never thought about shaft size and they did not say anything either,,they shipped with steel bushings to fit the stands o.k. so its just a matter of finding the correct size spacers..but i'm thinking of raising the stands some way,,either by shims ? or having new 1's made that r taller..i have seen stand shims in the past but cant remember where... taller 1 piece stands would probably be better....

i did talk to t&d about them but they are out 16 weeks for new orders but summit shipped them right away thru CC...never thought about shaft size and they did not say anything either,,they shipped with steel bushings to fit the stands o.k. so its just a matter of finding the correct size spacers..but i'm thinking of raising the stands some way,,either by shims ? or having new 1's made that r taller..i have seen stand shims in the past but cant remember where... taller 1 piece stands would probably be better....
I believe B3 can make custom billet stands, to move the shaft where you want it. Id give him a call. Thats who i would trust to get you in the right place.

I believe B3 can make custom billet stands, to move the shaft where you want it. Id give him a call. Thats who i would trust to get you in the right place.
B3 and HS both will,,i had to order a new PR lenght checker, be here wednesday to mock it all up with the lite weight springs and check the pattern and angle. will put various thickness washers under the stands and go from there, thanks!

check out this pic,,this is only after appx 200 street miles running VR1 high zinc oil With the lucas oil additive on new CC lash caps, 60lbs oil pressure at idle. 80ish going down the road at 3200 rpm's. 500lbs open spring pressure. they r all this way to a certain degree, i may have to have the valve stem tips re-machined. original max wedge rockers will Not be going back on..
DSCN3385.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back