• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roller rockers

roadrunner69440

Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m installing manicini/sharp roller rockers and without the pushrods installed they seem tight to me. Anyone else see this? Is it normal and if not what’s the remedy? Thanks in advance

Hey guys, I’m installing manicini/sharp roller rockers and without the pushrods installed they seem tight to me. Anyone else see this? Is it normal and if not what’s the remedy? Thanks in advance
Are they full roller rockers? Needle bearings for the rocker shaft?

Do you have ground adjustable rocker shafts? Can't use stock shafts with any adjustables.

Side clearance there?? You need .015" per set between each set of pedistals.

The clue is they bind when the bolts are tightened... The shafts are distorting, going oval.... As mentioned above better quality shafts and add hold downs that spread the load around the shaft....

The clue is they bind when the bolts are tightened... The shafts are distorting, going oval.... As mentioned above better quality shafts and add hold downs that spread the load around the shaft....
This.

And to be clear, they need to move freely. This situation needs to be remedied.

I am running mancini hold downs, shafts and their roller (tip) rockers. There’s no way I have .015” clearance. I would say I have to put 2-3# pressure on them to make them move. Please be patient with me, this is my first performance build and I think I’ve ran into every problem possible so far

71211316119__E787B267-37C2-4E34-99F5-D656FC0963CE.jpeg

I installed the same rockers on my engine a few weeks ago and they were tight just like yours. I called Mancini and they instructed me to “grind a little bit off the spacers until the rockers all move freely when tightened down”. I used a belt sander and took .010” off of all of them and reinstalled, problem solved. I did use a pair of calipers to check thickness and made sure they were parallel within .002” or so. I also used a dull 120grit belt and it produced a fairly smooth finish, 63 ish.

Hope this helps.

These guys are on it...clearance as needed. Whatever you have to do to get the side clearance you want.
And a good habit to get into for those (or really any) rocker arms, is to take the adjusters out and clean the holes/threads, and feel the inside bore of the rocker to make sure they didn't leave burrs or rough stuff in there. I had a few that had a rough edge where they drilled the oil holes, no problem just hit it with some fine paper on a piece of rod and they were good to go.
If everything fit and worked great out of the box, it wouldn't be hot-roddin'!:)

Thank you guys for your input. I have emailed mancini but did not receive a reply yet. I will trim a little off the spacers and get this hot rod on the right path! You guys are appreciated more than you know!

Auto Transport Service
Back