• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ron Francis wiring

eddieb

Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
I have to say they have the BEST coustomer service I have ever dealt with. TOP NOTCH,just wanted to let everyone know and there product isn't too shabby either LOL
EDDIE B

Maybe on their off the shelf stuff, but as far as getting custom stuff, forget it. I sent them a harness I wanted remade so I could replace my old tail light section and they guy has had it for almost a year and he's not done. I gave up on them when I found another set that was still in pretty good condition and I reconditioned it for use on my car.

Good to hear. I was down between painless and Ron Francis for mine. But I heard painless is more painful than anything.

Anyone know where to get QUALITY wireing ends? The China stuff is crap..And I think most parts houses are selling them. Main complaint is brittle plastic insulators and they come loose from the wire to easy. Would be great if that plastic were shrink tubeing. I usually solder on the ends...........................MO

evans wiring you cant buy the harness , the are the sole provider for YEAR ONE .....just thought you should all know ......

Which kit did you get ?I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and I'm looking st the 24/7 and express

Which kit did you get ?I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and I'm looking st the 24/7 and express

I just finished wiring up the Express Kit XP-777 on my 68 RR....great kit with no complaints. I did have to deviate from/modify his schematic a little to make sure I could use all of the factory dash switches and I also put in some relay kits for new halogen headlights but other than that, things went very smooth...I echo their customer service as they were always helpful every time I called for clarifications.

If your going back stock, I would look at M&H. There stuff is as close to nos as you can get. Can you say plug and play?

Thanks for the info I'll be going with the Ron Francis kit, if u want a nos system than M&H are identical but with same weakness as the originals

evans wiring you cant buy the harness , the are the sole provider for YEAR ONE .....just thought you should all know ......

No No No!!!! Evans does not supply to Year One. M&H is the only supplier. And I might add they are the best. Painless is OK if you are building a Hot Rod. Otherwise they are an *** Pain when it comes to MOPARS. Evans Quality Control is suspect at best. More complaints then praise. EZ Wire is a good budget alternative but requires the FSM along with a Color Schematic to get it right. Ron Francis? My opinion is they are nothing but cobbled together junk. Avoid them whenever possible. The M&H products are pricey but the best and most efficient offering. DAMHIK all this but I have over 20 plus years in re-wiring autos experience so I would say I know a little something about the subject. Last resort though is to take your original and slowly go through it and repair what is needed as you take apart and inspect. Plus it will give you a leg up on the correct colors and gauge of wiring....cr8crshr/Tuck

Auto Transport Service
Back