• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Roof rail weatherstrip length? 70 B Body

wwheel

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
Just installing new weatherstripping on my '70 B Body Hardtop. The weatherstrip was supplied long at the end toward the rear. The question is where does that get cut off in reference to the roof rail itself? Or does it matter? Any pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Wallace

Hey Wallace, when I installed my new ones, I let them remain longer in the rear for a couple of weeks in case they drew up any from being stretched during installation. After a few weeks I rolled the rear glass up tight and cut them a couple inches longer than the end of the glass. Hope this helps.

A couple of inches longer than the channel will be fine.
Mike

Ok and thanks for the replies. Good thought about letting the rubber settle before cutting. I do not have the glass in yet and will wait to cut until I can roll the glass up and seat the rubber.

One last question: Did you use a sheet screw to secure the front end of the weatherstrip? There is a hole near the end and the same size as the one for the door weatherstrip. I know the door seal strip uses the screw, just can't find any info for one on the roof rail seal strip. I guess in place of the screw you could use weatherstrip adhesive. I can send a picture but not at the car now.

Auto Transport Service
Back