• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotating Headlight relay modification.

I think you mean the diagram of the relay?
That confused me for a minute.
The switch is simply shown in the dark lines near each Bosch relay.
In the modified system the switches have the same function as in the original system.
I realize this may not be clear unless the entire system is evaluated and I'm pretty sure there a no mistakes in the print.
The new system just improves the operation of each side by isolating it from the other side and adding better relays (Which could be done even if the old system retained.)
The purpose of each named switch in all cases is to allow current to flow until the headlight bucket reaches it's desired/selected position or "limit". (i.e. "OPEN" or "CLOSED")
This stops the bucket travel in each desired location.
To accomplish this the switch would have to be "closed" until that point is reached and the switch is "activated" by the button being depressed, would it not?
So use the appropriate wire.
Foot note
One of the things I didn't like about the original design is that both motors still have power to them until both switches activate.
I'm sure it was simple and cost effective but it seem like an unnecessarily hard strain on the motors as they never are in synchronized.
Operation is better with dedicated power, I think.

View attachment 1576767
Thanks. I was talking about the photo of the switch you posted. It had 3 wires with the middle one cut.

Stupid question: you added the circuit breaker but on the sketch you only have one wire, which is the out side, I think. I'm assuming there is a hot wire in? If so where would it come from? Might try to get this out if I can find the switches. Thanks in advance.
Evan

For anybody that is considering doing this to their car I have found a source for the switches in case you can't find them. Link is there. Four switches shipped to Georgia was $52. I ordered them just now so haven't seen them but they are the same part number, Cherry 72-40AT but Cherry has sold out to ZF. The RS part number is 70207616.

Auto Transport Service
Back