• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rotisserie/frame connector ?

Wtrfwl havoc

Local time
10:03 PM
Reaction score
Getting ready to have my car blasted. Once it's done I am going to weld frame connectors on it. I guess my question is. If all the suspension is off the car and it's on a rotisserie what the best way to go about it. Should a guy set the car down on jack stands, so it's not hanging by the ends while welding them. Or is it ok to weld them while it's supported by the rotisserie? I won't really be able to set it on its suspension to do it as it's already going to be off of it.

The body should be supported in way that it would be on its loaded suspension. Bodies flex and move around alot and gaps change on a rotisserie.

Put the car down on four jack stands near the spring perches and tack them in.
Put it on the rotisserie and have at it! Look for my post on installing these!

It's amazing how much these cars flex. There is no way I would weld connectors in from scratch on a rotisserie. That is just asking for trouble with body panel alignment afterwards. I always get them tacked in good while it is sitting level, or with all the weight of the car on its wheels. Then do the final welding when on the rotisserie.

Auto Transport Service
Back