• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules Of The Road???

Divided Hwy etiquette
1. Don't expect me to adjust to your speed so you can get on. Unless of course your truck is bigger than mine.
2. If I am in the right lane and needs to pass a slower vehicle and you more than 5 cars back in the left lane and speeding. Tough sh**
3. If I signal a turn and there is space I am going to turn regardless what you do.
4. Your actions maybe monitored so try lying your way out of that one.
5. If you don't like my low beams, you want to see my hi beams. The last car did not.
6. Your life may depend upon what I do. Don't intentionally piss me off.
7. Traffic laws are made for a reason try obeying at lest some of them.

I would like to agree with everything mentioned about bad drivers.
The only thing I could add is that they all seem to come visit the whine country in bigger numbers, every year & at the same time.
Should afford a lot of you some respite from their shenannigans while they are vacationing here.

Traffic is just plain effin bi-polar, manic depressive ****.

I deal with ALL of the above mentioned issues for a living. I have to admit, as a professional driver, my biggest pet peeve is the 65mph speed controlled company driver in the fast lane. They get in the hammer lane to pass another speed controlled company truck and they're STUCK!!! Instead of slowing down and getting back in the slow lane where they belong, they ride side by side with the other truck for MILES!!! No clue that they have shut down the interstate for miles.

Horrible drivers here, with horrible roads too. no signals, no moving over, they wont even move for emergency vehicles....
I was in Michigan and Ohio in March. There were some courteous drivers there. Those driving in the right lane even merged into the middle when that saw Big Rigs or other vehicles parked on the shoulder. Yeah, that is the law there and in other places but these two states are the only places that I have seen people follow that law.

Moving over for anything with flashing lights is the law in Missouri also and can cost one dearly if they want to enforce it.

I-95 through Georgia:
Sheer pandemonium of in-state and out-of-state civilian drivers. No rules. Truckers ok for the most part, but not the logging truck drivers and not the container truck drivers.

I-16:
Friggin crazy in-state civilian drivers making their drug runs to/from Savannah, Macon, and Atlanta. Don't travel after dark. Truckers are fine.

Secondary roads: Beware of the container truck drivers and (particularly) the logging trucks. They must have gotten their license from Sears mail order. They speed, they hang out in the left lane, they tail gate, and they don't stop for red traffic lights. I am not talking about trailing through a red light. I am talking about blowing through a light that turned red well before they reached the intersection.

I would like to agree with everything mentioned about bad drivers.
The only thing I could add is that they all seem to come visit the whine country in bigger numbers, every year & at the same time.
Should afford a lot of you some respite from their shenanigans while they are vacationing here.
As a former Solano County resident and a frequent visitor to Napa/Sonoma counties I have never heard of "Whine Country." There is a Wine Country but for the life of me I cannot find a Whine Country. Where exactly is that??? Inquiring minds just want to know...:poke::poke::poke::lol::lol::lol::usflag::usflag::usflag:

It's the same place, just a little 'spin' on it as in
'Why don't you have some whine with your cheese' when grumbling like I was about bad drivers...
I'd give further explaination to 'whine' country but then this would be moved to political forum.
It's actually very nice where I am & I shouldn't whine about anything-just watch out for squirrelly motorists!

Ironically, as part of my job I do driver safety training for company drivers, mostly non-DOT drivers...sales, technical, and contractors running around in vans/smaller trucks. Reason is some companies have horrendous safety records and their bleeding from high insurance costs. They are required to do training as a way to confront this or face losing coverage or paying incredibly more to stay insured. It's ironic because in my youth I was not exactly a safe driver running around in my old muscle cars, illegal racing, and such and still get on it in my old ride out in the country on occasion. I've taken a different approach with training having many stories from my brother (State Trooper) and other investigations I've been involved with. Ahh, my cop brother was worse than me in his younger days losing his license a few times and got to know the cops so well he became friends with a few of them: He used to trick up the local cop cars for extra speed then hung up his tools as a mechanic to enter law enforcement. Now retired some 10 + years he travels the country training cops on advanced motorcycle 'riding'. Longer story there. Anyway, my training addresses the radically high risks people assume every time they get behind the wheel or in the passenger seat. The odds of injury or death rise astronomically, more than for the most risky occupations...and is the leading cause of 'work related' fatalities (not only truckers). I find it idiotic to recite safe driving laws as most already know this **** and will quickly think this is an invasion of their personal space or intelligence. Except, I can talk about the consequences, the aftermath, from horrendous stories, what cops see at accident scenes, family grief, civil and criminal prosecution, that doesn't get a lot of news. One guy that killed another guy landed in prison for 3 years, terribly regretful he took another's life and both guys were dads...one never to see his kids again and the other missed three years of his growing up. A convicted felon he wondered if he'd ever find a job once he got out. Maim or injure someone breaking any traffic law = criminal or civil prosecution, jail, etc. a life changing event for being careless at the right time and place..

I hope the instruction pays benefits. I figured safe and sane drivers don't need such training and those who do don't take it seriously, I can only hope my opinion is "dead" wrong.

I got one to add ! The lazy s.o.b.'s that park in the handicap spots with no tags or cards they whip in there look around someone runs in 15-20 mins later they leave .not to be racist but it's always young female Spanish and black girls ! You Know the kind thug life!!!!
This girl shot into this spot cutting off a old man that needed it he parked very far away she didn't even get out of car he said something she told him to f off ! I pulled my truck behind her car so she could leave and decided to call my buddy that was on duty !

I hope the instruction pays benefits. I figured safe and sane drivers don't need such training and those who do don't take it seriously, I can only hope my opinion is "dead" wrong.
It's a sad deal when someone kills another running a light, like the guy I mentioned; he was wishing he could turn the clock back, as was another, a young gal in college texting when she hit a guy crossing the street. She was so regretful, a mental mess, the sort who couldn't kill a fly; but she killed a man, a father with young kids. The judge gave her a two year prison sentence when he could have given her ten...in the courtroom was the dead guy's family, of course looking for some justice. It is really scary...I think back on luck as I did some stupid **** in my youth that could have ended differently despite my folks with their lectures about safe driving. It was sad looking at that college gal as she appeared the type that may never recover from what she did...and of course the dead guy's family figuring out their sudden adjustments to life without dad.

Happened (again) this morning...

I pull up behind a car in the left lane at a red light. Light turns green and *then* the f**ker put his signal on. Lent on the horn -- like that did any good.

If looks could kill, that bastard would've been vaporized.

.I think back on luck as I did some stupid **** in my youth that could have ended differently .
it was a bright sunny day in nc...i was driving along about 55 on a side country road..and drinking beer.
up ahead,at the intersection,i had the stop sign,and the other slightly bigger country road didnt..
i decided no big deal a stop sign and continued at speed towards it...
just as i Got to the sign i had this Feeling,and let off the gas and as i did,
this car went past my front end by maybe an inch....maybe Less.
there was No time to do anything but look at the car as he kept going.
i surely would have killed us both....me and my beer and my stupidity.
i stopped on the other side of the intersection,stone cold sober...
never to drink and drive again.

and i dont think for a moment it was luck on my side..
im positive God was watching over both of us that day.

Every time I hear about this stuff, especially and drinking while driving, I remember some of the stuff while growing up. That was in California, teen years, getting the learning permit. Part of it was watching CHP films about drunk driving...one showing this slob, who had gotten into a one car crash. He was so drunk, when he came to, trying to stand and walk away, did not realize he had broken over half the bones in his body!
Sobering stuff.

No drinking involved, but really gotta wonder what some of these drivers out there, are thinking these days. There are no excuses, like tail-gating (my pet peeve, and the quickest way to piss me off), for much of how driving is done. They act like 'they' are the only ones out there.

Every time I hear about this stuff, especially and drinking while driving, I remember some of the stuff while growing up. That was in California, teen years, getting the learning permit. Part of it was watching CHP films about drunk driving...one showing this slob, who had gotten into a one car crash. He was so drunk, when he came to, trying to stand and walk away, did not realize he had broken over half the bones in his body!
Sobering stuff.

No drinking involved, but really gotta wonder what some of these drivers out there, are thinking these days. There are no excuses, like tail-gating (my pet peeve, and the quickest way to piss me off), for much of how driving is done. They act like 'they' are the only ones out there.
Well if I am tailgating you move the heck out of the way. Nothing more activating than some idiot that thinks he can control traffic flow.

Well if I am tailgating you move the heck out of the way. Nothing more activating than some idiot that thinks he can control traffic flow.
Noted!
One thing to close the gap, if the one behind intends to pass, even if I'm going the speed limit. Totally different, tying the string on the rear bumper, and staying there for miles and miles.
You drive your road, I'll drive mine.

Attended too many funerals in my younger days with friends killed or family of friends where a member was killed in a car crash. One was the kid brother of a high school buddy, just 18, who was killed two weeks after his brother was married. I was a groomsman and before the wedding his kid brother and I, in our tux's, were in the back yard doing gymnastic stunts (we had both been in gymnastics). His dad came out and yelled at us saying "you guys are nuts don't kill yourselves". At the wake as I stared at the kid in his casket, his father stood beside me remembering our antics. The kid was on his way to work in his '64 Chevelle convert when he ran a red light, it was thought he was blinded by the morning sun not seeing the light was red. He t-boned a car and the impact forced him out of his seat up and over the top despite the top being up. I was shocked they had an open casket as it was obvious his face was seriously rebuilt for the 'showing'. I remember one of his eyes was lower than the other. Another friends brother (of a gal I dated briefly in HS) was killed when his Torino rolled over, he was thrown partly out the window as the car rolled over him. He made it to 20. I could keep going; but the post is getting long...to think of the dumb **** I did, especially in my '70 Cuda drop top, is amazing as I think on it and survived. Bottom line that's hard to convince people of, is sure more will make it; but then there are some who won't.

Auto Transport Service
Back