• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rules Of The Road???

cr8crshr

Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
I kind of developed this negative attitude when it comes to drivers of vehicles...that is all inclusive of any type vehicle... It seems more and more, that drivers do not use their turn signals. At all really!!! It never fails that it is quite common and routinely neglected. I mean, are they an "OPTION" now of days??? Failure to signal a turn, lane change, you name it. More and more drivers fail to utilize them. They are there for a reason are they not? I was taught a long time ago, that proper signaling is part of operating a motor vehicle whether it be a car, P/U truck, big rig, and yes even motorcycles. Even utilizing "hand signals". Yet constantly those operators fail to do so. Very frustrating to say the least. The other observation I am seeing is that more and more, drivers refuse to stay out of the left lane except to pass. Been that way for eons. Yet more and more I am seeing drivers put-sing along just barely doing the speed limit in the left lane, and they fail to mover over. WTF is with these Clowns??? They act as though it doesn't apply to them at all. Today running down to the Home Center for a few things, I counted about 15 drivers that refused to move over and as I understand it, at least here in Nevada, it is the law. Yet I am forced to pass on the right which in most States is against the law is it not??? I live basically up on the Nevada/California border here in Northern Nevada. I am 5 minutes from that border. Many that use the 395/508 highway are in fact coming down from Susanville and other parts in California close to Reno to do their shopping. And they appear to be the worst offenders of both these infractions. Nevadans are also prone to doing that as well but it, through my observation, it seems that the California drivers are the worst. Now ya'll know that I moved here from California which isn't the main point. But being a former CA resident, I always tried to obey the traffic laws even there. So my small "rant" if you will is just that. I am quite certain the my fellow FBBO brothers and sisters practice proper driving regardless of their domicile and location. At least I would like to think so. When I do come down to California from up here, I see it routinely occurring on I 80. And it is far more a frequent occurrence there than here although it is getting greater in numbers. And it seems that the Law Enforcement forces turn a blind eye to it yet are always looking for those pesky speeders. Any way...Just more of my musings I guess. Just it would be nice to see the common courtesy from drivers rather than the flagrant disregard of the Rules Of The Road....Bill out!!! cr8crshr/:usflag::usflag::usflag:Bill

My biggest complaint is high beams, it seams turning them off when there's oncoming traffic is to much hassle anymore? Another thing I'm seeing more and more of is these stupid *** LED light bars that the idiots run in conjunction with their headlights, blinding is an understatement... even saw a Honda Civic with one screwed to the hood! I despise idiots with zero manners or respect, lately I just hate driving anywhere there's traffic!

I signal even when backing out of a parking space. I'm the only one around here who signals religiously. Hopeless now to expect anyone to follow my example.

Edit/P.S. I was a part-time driver-ed instructor. Picked this girl up at home, asked her not to back-up (according to the driver's ed school owner, that is a dangerous move). She backs up anyway and after about six feet and we hear a thud. There was a cast iron bathtub someone had dumped there, covered by weeds.

A foreign exchange student wanted to take her DMV driving test in a standard transmission vehicle. The school had a stick shift VW beetle so we used that (the other vehicles were 1980 Hyundais). She flunked her DMV driving test when she made a left turn without having used the two-way left turn lane. May have been partly my omission, I don't remember us using that lane during our practice sessions. Then there was a middle-age female Filipino student who found it impossible to drive and look ahead for hazards at the same time. She was scary.

Last edited:
My pet peeve here in Va is people using cell phones, talking or texting while driving.

Saw this Can't Understand Normal Thinking person on I-75 doing 70. She was steering with her knees while texting. I pulled up next to her and layed on the horned. Gave her the hand signal for phone and fist signal to put it down. She looked at me like a deer in headlights. Hope she ends up in the ditch.....:cursin:

My pet peeve... seeing a Audi or a Mercedes high end SUV with New driver or Student driver plastered all over the back glass.. mean time they have 6 kids jumping up and down in the back seat.. and a phone attatched to there ear.

My #1 peeve is tailgaters and they seem to do it even more often when I'm in my old ride even if I'm going 5 or 10 over the limit. When I can't see the entire front end of their vehicle in my rear-view I get pissed. Couple occasions I was nearly rear-ended and installed LED brake lights that do help; but means squat for the ******** who tailgate anyway.

My biggest complaint is high beams

What's wrong with high beams?

choices-bra.jpg

Yep your not allowed in S Carolina to use your turn signals. Or maybe its an inbreed thing down here.

Third World habits here. Very few insured. Drive down the goddam shoulder. You name it.

Don't blame it all on the driver's being stupid and lazy. I know some young driver's drivers and they say in drivers Ed they were never taught to stay out of the left lane. A lot of blame.goes to the lazy crappy instructors.

When you see someone just turn without useing their single, try to get a look at them. 99.9% of the time there is a cell phone stuck in their ear. It's very hard to use a turn signal when your left hand is holding a phone.

Tailgaters... also get a closer look at them and see if they're looking down, texting. They will hook up with the back of your car, useing some kind of a peripheral vision to keep pace while texting. I kid you not! Slow up without touching your brakes and watch what happens!

Third World habits here. Very few insured. Drive down the goddam shoulder. You name it.

no different here
lights and signs and lanes and signals are merely suggestions
I've seen them straddle the double yellow making their own lane
to get ahead.
no enforcement unless you trip their plate reader for a expired registration it seems

I think here, they just throw the book away after they get their license

Yep your not allowed in S Carolina to use your turn signals. Or maybe its an inbreed thing down here.

Yeah! And the yellow light means "floor it". The state could balance the SC budget by installing red light cameras.

Have you ever noticed that anyone who doesn't drive just like you is a terrible driver?

Have you ever noticed that anyone who doesn't drive just like you is a terrible driver?
No I can be an asshole driver too...not advised; but a couple times I got so pissed at schmucks tailgating I pulled aside and then rode their *** for a while.

Auto Transport Service
Back