Rust-oleum RockSolid Floor Coating Reviewed!

Shop, Garage and Tools

1. dsd1967

dsd1967 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    One thing to think of....if you are doing welding and torch cutting....epoxy floors will not stand up to the heat of hot slag. It will burn holes right through it. We had to convert an epoxy coated floor area at work to a "hot work" area, and the epoxy floors are looking really bad in a short time.

The sealed concrete is a good idea...and they also offer stains to color the concrete that look pretty nice. Staining/sealing doesn't do too much good if you already have the complimentary oil stains....they won't cover that whereas epoxy will cover that after thorough cleaning and etching.

2. crossram 426

crossram 426 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:48 AM
    Mate did this on his garage floor and it's still looking great, will find out what it's called...

IMG_0711.jpg IMG_0713.jpg

3. crossram 426

crossram 426 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    10:48 AM
    he's really a mopar guy lol...before and after pic...

billy.jpg billy's cars.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • 69L48Z27

69L48Z27 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
      Happy to report the floor is holding up well. Today we moved the lift in. Had a tractor, trailer, jacks and cherry picker on the floor. Sliding tools and heavy lift parts around. After we got the lift together and everything cleared out I could not find any chips or scratches. This stuff cured really hard.
      45512072984_9c8cfdcbca_o.jpg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • mopar 3 B

mopar 3 B Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        5:48 PM
        Now to pass the test of time. Is a six month report to much to ask?

• 747mopar

747mopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        If there's one thing I've learned it's that you can't trust the DIY people's ratings on things that involve PREP work. Most of us that know a little about bodywork take preparation seriously, when it comes to coatings that's the difference between complete failure and success.

Looks great, I'll keep that in mind for my addition that's being added.

• Agree Agree x 2
        • 69L48Z27

Local Time:
          It’s been a few months now and I just wrapped up some work on my Power Wagon. Did a little bit of everything on it. Jacks, stands, big hammers, grinding, welding, brake clean, brake fluid, oil, trans fluid, PB Blaster, creepers, air tools, rust. Anyway, lots of activity. I washed it down for the first time today with Simple Green.

When I used SG on the epoxy product it took the shine right off it, on my other garage I used it on. I was anxious to see if that would happen today. I did not, still nice and shiny like day 1. Still a little water on the floor in the picture. No chips, tire pick up, or marks on the floor yet. Holding up well. I did some MIG welding right over the floor and I didn’t see any burn marks either.
          C1222738-9B63-4431-89E8-2928549B5D63.jpeg E4DD1502-52D9-473F-8B95-AEC6EB4AAFBF.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
          • Thanks! Thanks! x 3
          • 69L48Z27

Local Time:
            Flooring is just over a year old. No lifting or anything I would consider an issue. It does scratch when you drag an engine block across it. Oops. Other than that I have a very small tire stain and some very light scratches from big stuff. Jacks, stands, engine hoist, engine stand, none of that even marked it. Washes down very easy. No chemical or fluid yet has done any damage or even changed the gloss.

Anyway, I would do it again.

B928D4B9-F5DE-4DF4-9320-EEEB316ED1AA.jpeg

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
            • themechanic

themechanic Oklahoma is OK FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
              Turn the lights off and use a flashlight down low across the floor. We used this technique in crime scene searches for footwear prints in dust and to locate hair and fibers on the floor.

• Agree Agree x 1
              • oldbee

oldbee FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
                You're right, gloss kinda goes away. Overall, I'm satisfied with mine. 30yr old concrete & probably not good enuf prep. Got a little liftoff of concrete underneath. Devin, it oughta work real good on new concrete. My youngest has had no problems with any lifting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
                By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.