• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sad day for my 69 B convertible

If the 318 is enough for you stay with it. You only need to pull the intake, heads and timing cover. But if you think you want a little more a little larger cam maybe be in order ( not so big you get piston to valve contact issues) and a 4 barrel manifold. Maybe small primary 4 barrel carb and manifold if gas mileage is a consern.

I agree, not that big of a job but at this point I just want to pull the motor and go through it. It's getting rough, freeze plugs and gaskets are leaking and I would like to pretty it up along with the engine bay. I think it's another winter job.
If the 318 is enough for you stay with it. You only need to pull the intake, heads and timing cover. But if you think you want a little more a little larger cam maybe be in order ( not so big you get piston to valve contact issues) and a 4 barrel manifold. Maybe small primary 4 barrel carb and manifold if gas mileage is a consern.

I second the 318 convt. cruiser thing.
I would be tempted to pull the heads and send them out. When they get back then I'd pull the shortblock, ballhone it, new rings bearings and TC. I'd keep the lifters in their same holes and re-use the old camshaft as long as it didn't look too bad. New parts generally won't last as long as old, original parts. That way you'd only have the engine out of the car for a week or so. I personally can't stand having non-running cars and longterm projects.

I'm just poking around seeing what's out there for another temporary small block. My problem is that I'm trying to button up my 65 Belvedere wagon and we are doing a full resto on my 69 Dart. My time is a little thin right now.
She’s a beauty. :thumbsup: I’ve got cash and a AAA card(100 miles) for the hour trip north….

Auto Transport Service
Back