• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sandblaster replacement hose....

Its a "suction" hose - there's no pressure in it at all. The key is flexibility - you do not want this hose to kink.

I still question the 10'. This hose connects to the top of the pickup tube - it really doesn't need to be any longer than a couple feet.
Here is what it looks like:
Blaster 1.jpg
Blaster 2.jpg
Blaster 3.jpg
Blaster 4.jpg

The unit is portable, not bench mounted. Because of that, it needs a long hose to be able to access places like inside of a trunk, engine bay, interiors, etc. A 3 foot hose on this would be useless.

I did clear the blockage today. A coat hanger did the trick. Now I have to get some sand for it. I'm going to buy a blast cabinet as well for smaller parts. I'm guessing that the sand can be reused a few times, right? I'm going to blast the top plates for a center console so I can paint them.
SST 29.jpg

I stand corrected. On a pressure pot that is a pressure line.

I've often found the hose would be clogged from a piece of the media bag. Other than that a piece of media that is too large for the nozzle. Any clog I ever had was right at the nozzle.

I'm going to blast the top plates for a center console so I can paint them.

I wouldn't do those with sand !! The most versatile media I've found is aluminum oxide (for a cabinet-style blaster). The finer stuff will leave a finish as fine as glass beads BUT it lasts much longer. The problem with glass beads as well as many other media is that they shatter every time they blast something. eventually they're just useless powder. This doesn't happen with aluminum oxide.

What about soda as a material?

Soda is only good for paint removal.

glass bead - removes light paint, light rust. Leaves a nice surface finish. Breaks down and has a short lifespan.
soda - needs a continuous high pressure to be most effective. Removes paint without damage to the underlying surface. Surface need proper prep before any paint is applied.
sand - removes paint, rust, etc.. Due to the high heat from friction, will warp metal panels. Leaves a coarse finish.
crushed glass - pretty much the same as sand and breaks down like glass beads.

There are many other media, some coarser some finer. But as I previously stated, my all-round favorite is aluminum oxide. Its more expensive than the other medias but makes up for it by outlasting all of them. Its one of the hardest things on the planet and comes in a broad range of grits. It will remove the toughest paint and the heaviest rust BUT will still leave a fine surface finish.

The above is only my opinion.

Glass beads or soda Greg for that. Light psi as in 35 to 50 psi for the glass beads. I've never used the soda but plan to soon have 50 lb bag out in the shop ready for one of those little guns. Now for small parts like that one of those cheap self contained hand held soda media blasters would be best. Not like your doing the entire car right? This is the one I have. Works great but just never used it with soda.
OIP.jpg

Oh! A pressure pot!

See if you can read any writing on the hose somewhere to give you info on what was used. Probably a hydraulic place would have what you need.

Hey there,
I have a Harbor Freight stand up portable sandblaster that worked fine until the hose clogged up. I need a replacement. HF doesn't sell the hose by itself. I've seen listings online but the prices are all over the place.
The hose is a 1/2" ID. and is 10 feet long.
Where can I find a quality replacement?
There has to be someone local who can make one for you. That's what I did with mine. Took the old hose in and 25 or 30 minutes later I had a new one. If I remember right it was pretty reasonable in cost also.

I have pretty much the same blaster. I’ve had good success with glass beads. I was also able to reuse them 3X’s by sifting the garbage out. I bought some plastic media but haven’t tried it yet.

Rear frame rail before & after with glass beads:
8682B4F0-EB9C-44FF-A4DA-00BF676EBD82.jpeg

1E0D9453-83E7-4F72-A326-CBBAC53FD5F7.jpeg

41D3E6C1-49BB-4663-B7A2-5F2403E7D911.jpeg

B186A0FA-B724-4C7A-942B-74A08F1D0C32.jpeg

I also changed the nozzle out for this one. Works much better!

BAFA73A7-081D-4982-834A-26DCBB78EA02.jpeg

It is. The hose itself attaches to the bottom of the tank and had a cheapie 1/4 turn valve at the end instead of a gun type handle with a trigger. I got this thing from a guy that just wanted to clear out his garage. It may have been cobbled together.

"KD"
I have a TIP
See pic:

Sometimes I have to remove the bottom Valve and clear it out.
Try that if you can...as debris can cause a flow restriction

IMG_0645.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back