• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Satellites...what would you do?

No one would notice the difference if it was a Satellite or a clone. Slap a pretty coat of red paint on it and drop in the 440 and have fun.

Leave it be ,I prefer small blocks ,you get the look and decent mpg not alot of hassle out of a 318 ether

Leave it as a Satellite - make into a bad *** one or restore it but I would’t clone it. As a Satellite, it’s real - as a clone, it’s fake. Just my opinion, it is your car, enjoy it.

Don't understand why so many use/suggest/swap in the 440. Maybe they don't drive much. My last yearly road trip was about 4,700 miles and I was pleased to be running a 318. Heck, I'm going smaller--building a 305 right now to replace the 318.

My wife and mines Satellite (Sebring), our first new car was put away years ago. When I first started to restore it several years ago, I was going to "clone" it to a roadrunner, because I always wanted one. Wife tells me that its a Satellite. She likes it as a Satellite. I wound up with an SSP parts car and put its dash and interior and a few other parts on. We take it to shows and cruise ins and enjoy it. I don't try to tell people that its an originally a SSP. If they ask, I tell them what it is. I think its funny when I hear someone say to someone else, that they had a Plus and the wheels were different, so its a fake. I like it the way it is and don't really care what some supposed know it all thinks.

Usually it's only Mopar snobs or Mopar wanna be's that bad mouth a Satellite.

Every one else complements them. Non car people always have good things to say about mine.

I only ever hear "just a Satellite" from the Mopar crowd.

While I have a RR hood on mine, I will NOT be putting RR decals or badges on it.

If anything, it's more of an SSP "clone" using factory optional parts.

It may end up with a 400, 451, 440 or a stroked 318/392 roller with Magnum heads, but it won't be an RR clone.

Auto Transport Service
Back