• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scaled my car is this good or bad?

I tried caltracs years ago with the rancho shocks on a low 11 sec duster years ago. Did they work better than the SS springs they replace? Maybe a little. That car ended up with ladder bars and would hook anywhere. So for the money ladder bars are the way to go. Now if it is more of street car then caltracs. Of course shocks have gotten a lot better since the early 90s. I haven't ran a car much the last 10-15 years. So I'm no expert

I tried caltracs years ago with the rancho shocks on a low 11 sec duster years ago. Did they work better than the SS springs they replace? Maybe a little. That car ended up with ladder bars and would hook anywhere. So for the money ladder bars are the way to go. Now if it is more of street car then caltracs. Of course shocks have gotten a lot better since the early 90s. I haven't ran a car much the last 10-15 years. So I'm no expert
When my buddy had the CT's on his Challenger, it rode like crap. Heck, my ladder bar road runner rode much better. Maybe his had springs that were rated too high but that's what John recommended for his weight. I know lots of companies recommended springs that were too stiff though and it took years for that train of thought to change....

When my buddy had the CT's on his Challenger, it rode like crap. Heck, my ladder bar road runner rode much better. Maybe his had springs that were rated too high but that's what John recommended for his weight. I know lots of companies recommended springs that were too stiff though and it took years for that train of thought to change....
Everyone's definition of street car is different. That is one the reason I don't really drive mine on the street to much. I thought I would street drive more that is why motor is pump gas. But in hindsight I could have used more compression and cam.

Everyone's definition of street car is different. That is one the reason I don't really drive mine on the street to much. I thought I would street drive more that is why motor is pump gas. But in hindsight I could have used more compression and cam.
His car wasn't exactly a street car either....it was only street legal lol and this thing 3600 pounder ended up running low 9's. The CT's weren't working when the car was running low 10's.

Had the 64 over the scale the other day.
Steel hood. Glass bumpers. 6 gals in cell.
Dana. Ladder Bars. 6 point bar. Full int.
Without driver: 3263
With me: 3460
IMG_9214.jpeg

Digital scale at the track?
No. Digital scale at the highway scales. Definitely not precise but it does give me an idea and good enough for me.

On another note. Check out my time slip from a race last weekend. I’m right lane.

59D9791A-9595-4C83-9C86-1B041868025E.jpeg

Update: I finally took car to alignment shop last Friday and then the track. I'm happy the car launched good and drove straight @122mph. Now the fun begins trying to find 1/2 a second. My goal is 10.50

Auto Transport Service
Back