• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scammer Alert - joe78054

RS23VOA

Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
So I started a thread the other day, WTB an AMD 895-2468-R right rear frame rail for a 68-70 B-Body. This evening i get a private message from joe78054 to contact his buddy Hayden Lewis at [email protected] as he has one left over from a project. I send "Hayden" an email asking about the frame rail. He says he has a new one and he'll take $200 for it. I tell him the city and state i'm in and he says $30 shipping. I ask if he takes paypal. He says to send $230 Family and Friends and he'll get the tracking number tonight and the rail sent out tomorrow. I told him i'd send him $250 Goods and Services to cover the fees and he insists i use Family and Friends. I go back to reply to Joe78054's message and he's deleted it. The paypal address he wants me to send the money to is [email protected]. Needless to say I didn't send anything.
I just tried to send joe78054 a PM and i'm not able to.

Best thing to do is REPORT these messages - use the Report button to notify Mods and Admin.

example....
upload_2021-5-10_16-5-29.png

:thumbsup:

So I started a thread the other day, WTB an AMD 895-2468-R right rear frame rail for a 68-70 B-Body. This evening i get a private message from joe78054 to contact his buddy Hayden Lewis at [email protected] as he has one left over from a project. I send "Hayden" an email asking about the frame rail. He says he has a new one and he'll take $200 for it. I tell him the city and state i'm in and he says $30 shipping. I ask if he takes paypal. He says to send $230 Family and Friends and he'll get the tracking number tonight and the rail sent out tomorrow. I told him i'd send him $250 Goods and Services to cover the fees and he insists i use Family and Friends. I go back to reply to Joe78054's message and he's deleted it. The paypal address he wants me to send the money to is [email protected]. Needless to say I didn't send anything.
Lesson to be learned to you and all. Never send anyone any money like the spammer above wanted you to do. Buy parts from trusted sellers here on the site with a positive feedback. If it is a new member you are taking chances but decent sellers won't have you send money to someone else and shouldn't demand you send it friends and family through Pay Pal.

Lesson to be learned to you and all. Never send anyone any money like the spammer above wanted you to do. Buy parts from trusted sellers here on the site with a positive feedback. If it is a new member you are taking chances but decent sellers won't have you send money to someone else and shouldn't demand you send it friends and family through Pay Pal.
I didn't send him any money. Just making others aware.

I don't believe there is any way you could ship a frame rail for $30 these days, another give away.
WTB ads are an area you can fall victim for sure.
Glad you figured it out.

I don't believe there is any way you could ship a frame rail for $30 these days, another give away.
WTB ads are an area you can fall victim for sure.
Glad you figured it out.
Yeah there were plenty of red flags on this one.

I bet his post count is under 10 as well.

He hit me up too, but the message was deleted.

Me too. I posted a want ad the other day looking for fender sections and got the same reply from the same cat with that same email address to reply to which I didn't.

Seemed like bullshit the way it was worded

ANytime you guys get something that looks suspicious, just report it. We can deal with it quickly.

So I have to ask this...why not just go and purchase it direct rather than say from a very small number being sold on here. Safer and much more reliable should it be damaged in shipping or what have you???cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

So I have to ask this...why not just go and purchase it direct rather than say from a very small number being sold on here. Safer and much more reliable should it be damaged in shipping or what have you???cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
AMD and the dealers i checked with are out of stock til the next boat comes across the ocean.

Instantly suspicious of anybody that answers an add and wants to send you to somebody else. Two different guys, three different addresses, stinks to high heaven.

I did some digging... Got some stuff on this person.
ipvanish.com apparently he/she uses this VPN tied to this IP.

And this is how many times that IP is banned. It also shows how many user names/ emails are attached to that IP.
https://www.stopforumspam.com/ipcheck/64.145.94.87

10-May-21 03:54

64.145.94.87 joe78054 [email protected]
9-May-21 23:36

9-May-21 23:36

9-May-21 16:03

64.145.94.87 DemetriusLe

[email protected]
27-Apr-21 12:11

64.145.94.87 Brown11 [email protected]
24-Mar-21 18:00

64.145.94.87 oscar-smith8870 [email protected]
5-Mar-21 13:32

64.145.94.87 Olivia [email protected]
16-Feb-21 23:58

64.145.94.87 Olivia Johnson [email protected]
3-Feb-21 00:16

64.145.94.87 Olivia [email protected]
22-Jan-21 01:55

64.145.94.87 JaniceFerr

[email protected]

AMD and the dealers i checked with are out of stock til the next boat comes across the ocean.
OK I didn't think of that as I thought they manufactured their products here in the USA. Learn something new every day...Thanks for the heads up...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back