• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SCAMMERS INFO TO WATCH FOR...HE IS HERE ON THESE BOARDS

What was the MO?

I HAD A WANTED AD FOR SOME VALVES... HE SAID HE HAD THEM ..I AKSED FOR PICS HE SAID HE WOULD SEND THEM LATER AND TO USE PAYPAL FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO PAY... SO I GOOGLED HIM... THEY SEEM TO ONLY REPLY TO WANTED ADS..AND THEY MAY USE A STOLEN I.D FROM WHATEVER SITE THAT APPEARS TO BE LEGIT.. BE CAREFUL.. ALWAYS PAY THE FEE ON PAYPAL..HIS EMAIL WAS SENT TO ME ON THE BOARD BY A MEMBER...BUT HE DELETED THE CONTACT RIGHT AFTER I CONTATCED THE SELLER...SUSPECT ITS A STOLEN/HACKED ACCT NAME WAS "WILLY" I REMEMBER

Thanks for heads up! Can't be too careful these days.

Anyone that "has a buddy with what you need, contact him... here's his email" is a scam.:poke:

This almost always applies to WTB ads --

That's why there is a warning when you place a WTB ad

Screenshot_4.jpg

If you see anything that looks the least bit suspicious, report it immediately so it can be dealt with. There are report buttons on posts and PM's.

This almost always applies to WTB ads --

That's why there is a warning when you place a WTB ad

View attachment 1272506

Yup.. Seems very popular among the scammers... Why waste time trying to figure out what you can post for sale and never deliver when there are people telling you what they would like to buy... So you can get the money quicker & still never deliver....

Auto Transport Service
Back