• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scientific Name: Cyrtocarpa edulis

Dibbons

Local time
11:21 PM
Reaction score
We have two trees growing alongside one another in the yard. One (photos #1 & #4) has provided thousands of little yellow fruits ("ciruela del monte" in Spanish) and the other (photos #2 & #3) no fruits at all. The trees are only about 10 feet from one another. The tree without fruit has a nice canopy of green leaves. The fruit-bearing plant has a minimum of leaves. This plant is native only to the Baja California desert peninsula. The small yellow fruits (not much larger than a cherry) taste rather bitter to me, but the locals love 'em. This discrepancy in fruit yield between the two trees almost leads me to believe in male and female plants (which I realize do occur in nature in other species).

fruit 1.JPG fruit 2.JPG fruit 3.JPG furit 4.JPG

Last edited:
Those would make a great cobbler dessert. Served with French vanilla bean ice cream of course.

We have two trees growing alongside one another in the yard. One (photos #1 & #4) has provided thousands of little yellow fruits ("ciruela del monte" in Spanish) and the other (photos #2 & #3) no fruits at all. The trees are only about 10 feet from one another. The tree without fruit has a nice canopy of green leaves. The fruit-bearing plant has a minimum of leaves. This plant is native only to the Baja California desert peninsula. The small yellow fruits (not much larger than a cherry) taste rather bitter to me, but the locals love 'em. This discrepancy in fruit yield between the two trees almost leads me to believe in male and female plants (which I realize do occur in nature in other species).

View attachment 1151098 View attachment 1151099 View attachment 1151100 View attachment 1151101
Man Dibbons, you're like a encyclopedia!
Mike

Auto Transport Service
Back