• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Searching rechrome bumper shop

dcmason69

Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Looking to get Bumper done, where is a reputable place ?
will need minor dent repair and plating.
Appreciate any help dcmason69

Tri City Plating It may be a little far for you, but look at pricing and shipping before you decide.

Unless its changed in the last 10 years or so
NEVER NEVER NEVER use Bumper Boyz.....

Tri City did a good job on my 1967 Coronet bumper. They brought it to Mopar Nationals for me, so I did not have to ship. I am in Ontario, Canada, so this saved me a lot.

I had both my 65 Belvedere bumpers done at North Star Plating in Brainerd, Minnesota several years ago and am very pleased with the results. They even finish welded a new center in my front so I could install 2 driving lamps.
Mike

Tri-City also guarantees their work for as long as you own the car.

My chrome guy sent my 67 bumpers to a place in Utah about 15 years ago... They came back looking like works of Art....

In the past I've used tri city as well with great results. I hope to leave a front bumper with them at Carlisle this year.

My chrome guy sent my 67 bumpers to a place in Utah about 15 years ago... They came back looking like works of Art....
Ogden Chrome and Plating, free shipping too.

Ogden chrome did the bumpers on my 64, and they are super nice.

Looking to get Bumper done, where is a reputable place ?
will need minor dent repair and plating.
Appreciate any help dcmason69
I met the guys from D and R Chrome at the Tri-State show in Denver a few months back. Their work looked great and I ordered front and rear bumpers for my 1973 Road Runner. They needed $300 down to begin the process for both bumpers and told me I could pick them up at the Street Rod Nationals in Pueblo. I loaded up my bumper for cores and headed to Pueblo and picked them up yesterday. Couldn't be happier happier! Really a show quality chrome job. They charged $1000 for both but told me that have had to raise their prices by about $50 per bumper. Compared to other prices I was getting for bumper chroming this was a steal! (Even though 30 years ago I was having Denver Bumper rechrome bumpers for $125 each, thanks EPA and inflation)
If you Google D and R chrome plating you should find them easily.

IMG_20220626_104238515.jpg

IMG_20220626_104250727.jpg

IMG_20220626_105027438.jpg

IMG_20220626_105036549.jpg

Tri City Plating It may be a little far for you, but look at pricing and shipping before you decide.
Plus one on Tri City. Chip is a very nice guy and just did the rear bumper for my fathers 67’ Newport.

FYI, like everything else in the world right now….anyone throwing out prices that they paid last year, 3 years ago, etc are no longer applicable.
The cost of materials has gone up. Shipping costs, Copper, nickel….
Keep that in mind.
Also chrome is all in the prep so using a reputable outfit is well worth a few extra dollars.
I’ve had some very bad chrome work done in the past at a “reasonable price”.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back