• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seat belt count

vsj100

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
68 b body coupe.
I count 14 seat belt components (excluding the front hangers and the bolts in the count)
Back seat has 6 pieces - 3 male and 3 female
front seat has 8 pieces - right and left retractable male, 2 hanging female for shoulder that clip into the roof mount, right and left lap, shoulder combo 4 female.

Is this all or should I have a front bench center pair?
And does this send correct?

Thanks for sure!

I am not sure, but I thought shoulder belts were not available or used until 1970. Maybe they were an option??

I am not sure, but I thought shoulder belts were not available or used until 1970. Maybe they were an option??
My car has them and the hangers that go under the visors. I don't think I'll use the hanging belts. I was curious about my pieces being a complete set.

Like I said, I am not sure. I don't remember my brothers 69 Dart Swinger 340 having them or my other brothers 68 Charger. They were, however, in my 70 Challenger RT.

I just googled that question and here is some info on the subject:

In 1968, the federal government began to require lap and shoulder seat belts in the front outboard seats of all new passenger cars sold in the United States if the lap belt alone could not prevent occupant contact with the windshield.

When did over the shoulder seat belts start?

Creation of the Shoulder Belt System

The Federal Government began to require automakers to include a shoulder belt system in the late 1970s to help further improve safety. However, one of the biggest disadvantages of this system is that it was prone to significant issues due to its mechanics.

Thanks. Those floppy shoulder belts were rarely used.

Auto Transport Service
Back