• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Belt Retractor

El.Padrino

Local time
9:15 PM
Reaction score
IMG_6913.JPG
IMG_6914.JPG
I have a 68 Coronet with Maroon interior. I am missing the passenger's seat belt & retractor (bench).

What colors were the rectractors made?
My existing retractor looks more like red, don't know if it was changed and mismatched. The seat belt color itself is deeper (Maroon). See attached pics (second with flash).

What would be the correct colored and where can I find it?
All I found is a pair (driver & passenger), would be ok but they are all out of stock.

Thanks!

Hard to tell in pictures....but factory plastic parts vary in color, like crazy. Different vendors, UV exposure, and materials ...make for different colors. There's probably a half-dozen different shades of a color in an older interior. Your hinge covers are different from the seats and retractors. I'm sure most parts aren't a perfect match to any other. Cars were made differently, than the hi-dollar/perfect appearing cars of today.

thanks @mmissile ! I know the hinge covers don't match either. As I need the passenger side I can just buy aftermarket seat belts & retractors as pair (then at least the front will match in color). Which one should I go for? Only found "deep red" close to Maroon.

Would a set of bucket lap belts fit too? Because the retractor looks the same as I have with the bench and they would not be out of stock at the moment.

Those are all questions that should be answered by someone who restores cars to OEM standards. I like to cut them up.

Those are all questions that should be answered by someone who restores cars to OEM standards. I like to cut them up.

We restore OEM belts. The cover shown in the pic looks to be late model, probably Aspen or Córdoba. When you say you cut belts up, what do you mean. FYI we buy cores so if you have belts you want to get rid of let me know. We also buy seat belt bolts. Here's a pair of retractors for a 68 B body we provided to another FBBO member.

IMG_0168.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back