• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat Belts, 3 point type, appearance

dana44

Local time
4:05 PM
Reaction score
Of all the things to keep my OCD going, the seat belts in this car. off all the things I've done so far with the car the interior and seat belts were already done by the PO so I didn't really care or notice the seat belts. Now when I look at the car, I feel like it takes away from the open look, kind of like a b pillar. Now if I change to lap belts, I am sacrificing safety for looks. Let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Photos are in (photo Garages)

And by OCD I mean I spent five hours modifying my leaf spring perches to move the rear axle back 3/4'' !

Safety - shmafety. If you get in a good enough head-on collision in a 50+ year old car, a shoulder belt isn’t going to save you.

my bronco and my f100 is lap belts so, I'm on board with it.

Do what makes YOU happy! Screw everyone else. You just have a great attention to detail.
When you're all done, (If ever,) you'll be pleased with the end result.

I will throw this out. Liability. In the event of an accident the car had better be equipped as it was from the factory. As well as in correct use as required by state and federal laws. Fail to do so along with un-safe modifications leave you open for Pandora's Box . To me I do not care what you do.

I will throw this out. Liability. In the event of an accident the car had better be equipped as it was from the factory. As well as in correct use as required by state and federal laws. Fail to do so along with un-safe modifications leave you open for Pandora's Box . To me I do not care what you do.
The seat belts that are in now are not factory or OEM, the car came with lap belts.

My Satellite has SFI belts, 3" lap belt, 2" cross shoulder belts, crotch belt that I don't normally use. Drag racing stuff. Sure good enough for the street.
Back in the day with my '70 Barracuda I always used the OEM lap belt, I only used the OEM shoulder belts if I planned on going 100 MPH.

My Satellite has SFI belts, 3" lap belt, 2" cross shoulder belts, crotch belt that I don't normally use. Drag racing stuff. Sure good enough for the street.
Back in the day with my '70 Barracuda I always used the OEM lap belt, I only used the OEM shoulder belts if I planned on going 100 MPH.
Good call, 99 mph and under lap belts are good. But suppose we should consider safety at 100 mph.

With my Barracuda I was young and invincible. However I roofed my Arrow drag car, 3" lap belt, 2" cross shoulder straps, crotch belt. Two rolls and three endo's and a couple more rolls. The belts worked great. No damage to me. Car was destroyed.

Auto Transport Service
Back