• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat identify?

Moparlike

Local time
6:13 PM
Reaction score
Hey!
I have a 1969 Road Runner, and I need at least new foam on the drivers seat base.
However I’m not sure if it’s that original RR seat or now, so I’m looking for a little help please....
4FF6D452-E32E-44C8-B655-5918FE557F57.jpeg
2F2C0D1D-1304-4849-8D2C-4CC29998B37A.jpeg
C9F810A4-A75A-40CB-92B2-3BCCA388B376.jpeg

Those are not 69 seats. They are 70 or newer high backs. Your 69 would have low backs with headrests if built after 1-1-69. If built before then headrests were optional. If you are going for original you will need different buckets. If you want to stay with the high backs you may need custom covers made up to match the rear seat.

70-71 Barracuda Gran Coupe?

I had the same seats in my 68 GTX...I found some proper 68's on CL locally and snatched them up. Probably will sell the hi-backs at the Spring Fling.
Look for a date tag underneath the seats or in the rear of the uprights.

I have the same/similar seats in my '69 Coronet.
I am pretty sure these are from a '70 Coronet 500.

Did some research as well a while ago, and as mentioned above the high back rests are from 1970 and later.
You need the types with low back rest and separate head rests as well i guess.
To get the correct seats you need to buy a pair....

Those are not 69 seats. They are 70 or newer high backs. Your 69 would have low backs with headrests if built after 1-1-69. If built before then headrests were optional. If you are going for original you will need different buckets. If you want to stay with the high backs you may need custom covers made up to match the rear seat.

So all cars after 1-1-69 came standard with head rests?
Mine is from 10-1968 build date, i am going through the same as Moparlike and i am going back to originals.
Just wondered about the head rests to be added.

IMG_8924.jpg

I have the same/similar seats in my '69 Coronet.
I am pretty sure these are from a '70 Coronet 500.

Did some research as well a while ago, and as mentioned above the high back rests are from 1970 and later.
You need the types with low back rest and separate head rests as well i guess.
To get the correct seats you need to buy a pair....

So all cars after 1-1-69 came standard with head rests?
Mine is from 10-1968 build date, i am going through the same as Moparlike and i am going back to originals.
Just wondered about the head rests to be added.

View attachment 571748
Oct 68 build would have been optional headrests yet. Build sheet would clarify if your car had them. They were federally mandated after 1-1-69.

Thanks!
I’m googling images of all types of mopar seats, but I can’t find any exactly like I have.... with that emblem and no stitching in the top corners of the seat bottom.
I’m wondering if they’re aftermarket?

70 challenger?

The rear cover has been redone to match.

Perhaps the fronts or at least the top has been custom made.

Thanks!
The car is not original motor etc, and I have to say that I’m not hating what I have. I have some neck issues so the high back seat suits me well.
But I at least need new foam.
I think this piece on EBAY should work...?

08DE796D-53C1-4823-AA77-3E23B3583787.jpeg

3A11DFA8-BA54-4E72-812C-27A6C65053A7.jpeg

Oct 68 build would have been optional headrests yet. Build sheet would clarify if your car had them. They were federally mandated after 1-1-69.

Would that be the C32, Left & Right Restraints??

Auto Transport Service
Back