• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seat interchange

beeguy

Banned
Banned
Local time
7:04 AM
Reaction score
Since I'm losing hope of ever finding the right front seat for my 70 Superbee I'm wondering if a 71 B body front bench or buckets will work in a 70 B body? those seem to be easy to find and while not 100% correct they're better than nothing. also I know they're different but will a 68-69 front bench work in a '70?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the 70 B-body used the same seat frames as the E-body's for the buckets. The 69 Bench will fit, but the lifting lever is located near the top of the seat as opposed to the bottom on the 69. It would be quite noticable! You can use any B-body frames and get the correct cover for them.
KID

Legendary also has a seat service. It isn't cheap, but you might call them to see if they have a 70 B body bench. They will restore it and send it to you complete.

https://www.legendaryautointeriors....lcatalog2.aspx?class=0&year=71&desc=seat foam

One thing about the 71-74 B-Body bucket seats, is that I don't believe that anybody makes new molded seat foams for these seats. Legendary Auto Interiors only shows them for 71 A and E-Body seats. You could always use sheet foam I guess, but I'm not sure how good that would look.

Richard

True; It's my understanding that the E-body foams can be cut to ti fit the B-body shape!
KID

True; It's my understanding that the E-body foams can be cut to ti fit the B-body shape!
KID

I've been dealing with Jeff Stewart at Legendary for many years now and he's a great guy who is a Mopar owner himself. Give him a call at 1-800-363-8804, extension #209. He will be able to help you out with any question that you might have, or he will find out the answers you need to know.

My son's 72 Dart Swinger is stuffed full of Legendary Auto Interior parts after I restored it's interior in 2004 and I'm getting ready to do the same with my 66 Coronet 500 with LOTS of their parts. :grin:

Richard

1972 Dart Swinger- restored with BEAUTIFUL Legendary Auto Interior products! .jpg

1972 Dart Swinger - restored interior - 2004.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back