• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seeking info on this part

sunroof360

Local time
1:31 AM
Reaction score
I found this car in a recent junkyard visit, and noticed these black rubber trim pieces around the tail lights, and have not seen these parts before. I am just trying to id and learn more about the parts. Any info would be great. thanks

DCFC0513.JPG

DCFC0514.JPG

DCFC0515.JPG

DCFC0516.JPG

Typical 72 Satellite.

Those pics are 20 years old?

I had a 72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring with those bumper guards surrounding the taillights, but I don't believe they were standard because I've seen other 72s without them.

I had a 72 Plymouth Satellite Sebring with those bumper guards surrounding the taillights, but I don't believe they were standard because I've seen other 72s without them.
Thanks, There are other satellites cars in this junkyard, that do not have that black trim around the tail lights, but they could be a different year model. Is it possible , this is a one year model only? thanks for info.

One year tail lights and 2 door only.

From the side trim it's either a "Sebring" or a Sebring Plus", higher end models.

This style is for 72 2 door only, it is an option. On 71 models the rubber strip went straight across the length of the bumper, instead of around the lights. The bumper guard on the front bumper is the really rare one to have.

Those taillights (and rear bumper) were '72 Satellite/RR coupe only, with or without the rubber strips.

The '71 Sat/RR coupe rear bumper/lights were different:

s%2FFullsize%2FCars%2F117255%2F117255_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

Typically impossible to remove with-out breaking the studs off the back. If they are nice they have value but you will need to take the whole bumper and have to cut or grind the nuts off so the studs stay intact..

really appreciate all the great information. It is a shame such a cool car ended up in a junkyard, it has the remains of a floor shift too. I have been removing a few parts from it on my visits. Not trying advertise parts in this thread, I was recently told that is not allowed. So this THREAD IS FOR INFORMATION ONLY. Feel free to send me a PM.

Auto Transport Service
Back