• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

seeking information on parts interchange 1967 coronet 4 door

sunroof360

Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
what body parts from a 4 door car will work on a 2 door car? I guess the whole front clip, fenders, hood etc, from a 4 door car would work on a 2 door car. What about the trunk lid? What about the front window stainless steel trim? I maybe gaining access to a 4 door parts car that has some nice sheet metal. Are the body parts a 1 year only stuff, or is there any other years or cars some parts interchange with? Are there any reproduction sheet metal, fenders, hood, trunk lid, etc. already being reproduced? Thanks in advance for all helpful info.

All the front sheet metal & the deck lid interchange.. Windshield stuff doesn't, the four door glass is more upright, the two door glass is laid back a little..

Not much metal was reproduced for the 66-67...

Front door hinges are the same. The 4 door front doors are not as heavy as the longer 2 door doors. So the hinges may not have as much wear.

All the front sheet metal & the deck lid interchange.. Windshield stuff doesn't, the four door glass is more upright, the two door glass is laid back a little..

Not much metal was reproduced for the 66-67...

rear quarter panels will fit, but won't be a full quarter to door, only til just head of fenderwell. Taillights/housings are same (as long as same trim line, Deluxe/440 are same 500's are different), as well as bumpers.

Only body parts that were repopped for the 67 was the hood trim, but they only did one run of them. I bought last 2 the guy at Carlisle had. Other than that it was crappy patch panels from Sherman or floors that interchanged with other years. But there is the guy in Canada making full 66/7 quarters.

Floor pans and frame rails. Inner fenders.

If you're talking about the exterior windshield trim, I think it can work from a 4 to a 2 if you carefully cut down the vertical sections a bit.

Police, and taxi's had deeper floor pans, yes, i heard that from UTG, not sure if that's true.

Yeah, I'll believe that when I see it.

If the OP is still around (only 43 posts) it might help if they state what car they have and what parts they need as well as what the possible donor car is.

I'm sure the collective could come up with some pretty exact answers.

UT is FOS..
I heard the “New York” Taxi had rear floor footwells that were 2” deeper. I never saw one to confirm though. The New York Taxi did get it’s own price class, 2nd digit in the VIN. Tony Defeo is from NYC, so maybe he’s seen them.

Auto Transport Service
Back