• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Selling my 67 Coronet; 440 six pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

steersdad

Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
Contact seller
Don't get old. My advice for the day.

I'm about to turn 60, and I've injured myself for the second time in the past 2 months. can't seem to do what I used to do at 25. Wonder what's up with that?

I am forced to sell my all time favorite toy.

My name is Doug, and I have been a racer and collector of Mopar hotrods since 1968. Bought my first car then, a 64 Barracuda with a 273 and 4 speed. I loved that car. My pal Larry's parents had money, and when they helped him buy a 67 GTO (400-4 speed) he began whupping my butt.

It took me until 1971 to corral enough cash to buy a 68 GTX, 440-4 speed. That was all she wrote. Drove that car every day, and raced it continously at NY national Speed. Won at three big nationbal events there, and countless trophies. I have a photo my brother took of Ronnie Sox (Yup, THE late Ronnie Sox) getting out of his hemi Duster, after beating me in the top eliminator finals. I lost, and my brother took my oponents photo. some deal...

Later I went on to race a top alcohol dragster on the west coast, "Outlaw Racing". A front motored, blown, injected 392 death trap. After my third "come to Jesus" moment, I forever gave that up.

In later years I was into just showing off. Built numerous Roada Runners, GTX's, Coronet RT's, Challengers, and a Plum Crazy Cuda with a 500" Indy motor that ran 9.30's. Fellow I sold it to still drives that car on the street (with a mellow 440).

Recently I bought a 67 Coronet to create MY ultimate mopar. Not THE ultimate mopar, but mine.

It has a 67 440 motor in it, with 906 heads, and what sounds like the MPO 484 cam. maybe the 509, but not likely. The trans is a 727, standard valve body, but has a 10" converter. Right now it has a 8 3/4 rear, sure grip with a 489 case. I have a spare 489 case with 3.91's, whic hI think are ideal.

I took off the 4 barrel and put on a fresh 440 six pack setup. Hasn't had gas in it for 7-8 years.

I also converted the front drums to discs (all BRAND NEW parts). Still needs the master cylinder installed.

I converted the rear drups to MuscleCar Brakes Ceramics. Now, it should stop as good as it goes.

The car was updated sometime over the past 45 years with 440/hemi torsion bars and front sway bar. It has KYP gas shocks in the front, and a pair of unknown gas shocks in the rear.

I have swapped the old leaf springs for brand new MP 440/hemi leaf springs and shackles.

I also installed 17" wheels from a Bulllitt Mustang with 245/45/17 ZR Rated tires.

It has the MP electronic Ignition distributor and chrome box. Aliminum radiator, trans cooler, pusher electric fan, line lock, oil and temp gauges, spare speedo cluster.

The interior is excellent, headliner perfect, door panels OK. Dash pad has ONE crack.

I have a set of CE frame connectors, new in the box.

I began preparing the cr for paint several monthjs ago. The body and undersides are 99% rust free. One tiny spot in the driver door hinge area, some minor issues on the doors, some tiny spots nad previous repairs near the rear bumper.

Chrome is good, driver quality. Vinyl top is perfect.

As I said in the beginning, I am injured and can no longer do anything with my car. So, I am including the tools needed to do the work on the car, including air compressor and HVLP gun, and other items that I will add to this list until the car is gone.

At this moment, the car needs some minor work to drive it. Including the master cylinder, and some minor re-installation of brake hardware in the rear. The differential gasket leaks. The carb to fuel pump line is not installed. That's about it.

I am selling the car and all the spare stuff for $10,000.00.

Please, no ranting, raving, cursing, or other silly nonsense. If you are interested, please PM me. I and the car are located in Connecticut, about 90 miles north of New York City. We are 75 miles from Albany, and 50 miles from Hartford. Just for your point of reference.

I am going to try to post photos, so here goes:

dodge4.gif

dodge3.gif

dodge2.gif

dodge.gif

DSC02887.gif

DSC02872.gif

DSC02890.gif

DSC02889.gif

DSC02888.gif

DSC02886.gif

DSC02885.gif

DSC02884.gif

DSC02883.gif

DSC02882.gif

DSC02880.gif

DSC02879.gif

DSC02878.gif

DSC02877.gif

DSC02876.gif

DSC02875.gif

DSC02874.gif

DSC02873.gif

DSC02871.gif

DSC02870.gif

DSC02869.gif

DSC02868.gif

DSC02866.gif

DSC02865.gif

DSC02864.gif

DSC02863.gif

DSC02862.gif

DSC02861.gif

DSC02862.gif

Last edited:
Very sorry to hear of your injury. Sounds like quite a long road you've traveled with your mopars and a lot of great memories. Best of luck with your sale.

I empathize with with you. I just went to the doc's office today. Got two shots in feet so as I can walk. My four speed days are over. I'm enjoying the little bit of mobility that I have left myself. Guy/gals, don't take ANY day for granted! Enjoy each and everyone!

I'm sorry to hear of any diehard gearhead becoming disabled and not being able to do the thing they love i am beginning to feel age creeping up on me and not looking forward to getting old,you have a nice project and it seems you have had quite a few adventures i wish you the best in your sale,someone will get a great deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back