• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sending Unit experiment

Jengel451

Local time
1:48 AM
Reaction score
Hey all,

Need some help with a project. I have a 67 Fury and looking to go EFI. What does that have to do with B body stuff you ask? Great question.

I want to do an in tank pump, but C bodies...well you know as well as I do that nobody makes SQUAT for them so here is where you come in because I CAN get a unit for a B Body but have some unknowns. The tanks are generally similar, the Locking Ring is the same, but the C body tank is larger than the B, that's where my knowledge ends.

Here is where all you B body guru's come in. What I really don't know is the actual difference between the B and C body sending unit pickup side.
1. Does anyone have both that can look?
2. Does anyone have an old crappy one out of the below cars that I could get my hands on to compare to what I have?

I'm in Western Montana BTW

Dodge
Charger: 1968-70
Coronet: 1968-70

Plymouth
Belvedere: 1968-70
Road Runner: 1968-70
Satellite: 1968-70

Ohms's wise they are the same. All are made to fit a specific tank design.

Many of the intank setups are customizable on length to fit several different tanks
yes and no. I go with the Aeromotive Stealth setup it would have to cut a new hole in the top, the bulk of the housing and hoses then creates a problem with clearance with the Trunk floor so I'd have to lower the tank an inch or cut a relief in the trunk, it's my backup plan for sure.

Phantom 340 Stealth Fuel System – Aeromotive, Inc

The other units, like the Holley unit install like the OEM sender, but again I really don't know if it would put the filter sock on the bottom, if it's within an inch or so I could probably tweak it a bit, anything more and then I'm gambling on ruining a $400 part before even using it.

Holley Sniper EFI 12-314 Holley EFI Fuel Tank Modules - 255 LPH - 1968-1970 Mopar B-Body

The thing that makes the B/C body units a bit of a PITA is that they are installed low below the fuel level line, most of the more popular customizable ones are for top mount senders.

Auto Transport Service
Back