• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SGTPauls 68 Charger RT project

Looking good SGT! Can't wait for mine to start coming together! Look forward to new updates! Good luck with the house endeavours!

Awesome build! Good luck with the garage hunting, hopefully you can find one with a detached house ;-)
Pat

Last edited:
been there....sanded that, i found it was like falling in lova all over again over the last year of doing mine....i am ALMOST done with it...its the sweeter than yoohoo one, good lick and SEMPER FI !!! 2/7 wpns co, 29 palms CA

October = hurry up and paint before it is too late

Hey gang! Thanks for the comments. Benn busy since my last post. Finished sanding the welded body except for the rear wheel wells and the interior area. Got it pretty well smoothed out. Those file boards really show where the highs and lows are. Everything looks good except for the quarter to roof joints that I just can’t get it right, so I’ll leave those to the professionals. Running out of warm weather to paint so I wrapped it up and got the guns out. Hit it with a coat of DP90 for bare metal and to bond to the old DP90, then 4 coats of K36 to fill all the scratches and little nicks. I goofed up some of the finish paint I put on the frame and shock towers so I’ll be repainting the whole front inner clip in the future.

This might be it for a while gang. The wife and I found a house and close on it within a month. The garage for the charger is attached and is slightly smaller width and depth than what I have now but I have a way to add 5’ of depth to about 2/3s of the width. Wife is ok with that. Nice and tall at 9’ + ceiling. Attached garage will = heated garage in the future. So a pause now will have benefits of year round fun later. House needs a lot of work so will be spending the winter addressing those needs. Will get some pics of the new pad in the future.

2015 10 body work 001.jpg

2015 10 body work 003.jpg

2015 10 body work 005.jpg

2015 10 body work 006.jpg

2015 10 body work 008.jpg

2015 10 body work 009.jpg

2015 10 body work 001.jpg 2015 10 body work 003.jpg 2015 10 body work 005.jpg 2015 10 body work 006.jpg 2015 10 body work 008.jpg 2015 10 body work 009.jpg

Hi SGTPAUL, Hope you`ll are making progress with the new home; and will be able to on the Charger this year also. You are an inspiration to me; maybe I will get busy and finish my shop then start another project. Wayne

Well gang it’s been a long year of renovations on our new place. But as of December 22nd we are all move in!! Took much longer than we expected since we found a lot of stuff that needed attention in addition to the renovations we planned on doing. Still have some misc elec work to do and all the trim work in the house. House is from 1964 and the charger was built in 1967 so they pair nicely together.

It was a sad day when we loaded up the charger and moved it out of the garage I’ve been putting it back together in and brought it over to the new place. But with an insulated garage I’ll install a gas heater for winter work. Not sure if I will be able to paint in this garage, or at least not that much. Will need to develop something for air exhaust. A few pics of the new place and moving of the charger below. As you can see we have a bit more purging / putting stuff away before I can start work on the charger again.

House on closing day November 2015.
2015-11 renovations 0002.JPG

Mid summer 2016 with new windows and door installed.
2016-06 renovations 057.JPG

New garage with expansion area.
2016-12 renovations 005.JPG

Living room.
2016-12 renovations 006.JPG

New kitchen.
2016-12 renovations 002.JPG

Bar in new kitchen.
2016-12 renovations 003.JPG

Much larger master shower.
DSC_0001.JPG

Charger ready to go. So sad with the flat tire...
2016-12 moving 029.JPG

Charger's happy new home. A little crowded.....
2016-12 moving 036.JPG

Plenty of parts storage space on the unfinished 2nd floor.
2016-12 moving 038.JPG

Congrats on the new homestead. I am still in the same boat as you with reno's.
Keep at it and you'll be done soon.

Well gang it’s been a long year of renovations on our new place. But as of December 22nd we are all move in!! Took much longer than we expected since we found a lot of stuff that needed attention in addition to the renovations we planned on doing. Still have some misc elec work to do and all the trim work in the house. House is from 1964 and the charger was built in 1967 so they pair nicely together.

It was a sad day when we loaded up the charger and moved it out of the garage I’ve been putting it back together in and brought it over to the new place. But with an insulated garage I’ll install a gas heater for winter work. Not sure if I will be able to paint in this garage, or at least not that much. Will need to develop something for air exhaust. A few pics of the new place and moving of the charger below. As you can see we have a bit more purging / putting stuff away before I can start work on the charger again.

House on closing day November 2015.View attachment 387196

Mid summer 2016 with new windows and door installed.
View attachment 387197

New garage with expansion area.
View attachment 387198

Living room.
View attachment 387199

New kitchen.View attachment 387203

Bar in new kitchen.
View attachment 387204

Much larger master shower.
View attachment 387207

Charger ready to go. So sad with the flat tire...
View attachment 387209

Charger's happy new home. A little crowded.....
View attachment 387211
Plenty of parts storage space on the unfinished 2nd floor.
View attachment 387212
I love homes built in the fifties and sixties...can't beat the quality.

Nice looking house . . . and not a single vice-grip anywhere in the house holding something together . . .

( GRIN ) . . .

Beautiful place! Congrats on the new home and renovations. Charger looks great, looks like she's coming along nicely... nice work. Good luck.

Thanks for the comments! Getting things closer to normal. I found my favorite shirt after the move! I feel much better now.... :thumbsup:
DSCN6668.JPG

Over six years since I've worked on the car and almost five years since my last post here. What has this guy been up to? Well, the never-ending house renovation is the answer. But the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. Spent from spring of 2018 to spring of 2020 on exterior siding and such on the upper part of the house. What a rotten mess, literally. I never saw so much rotten wood. My roofer had to replace about 20 sheets of plywood and that's over what I had to do for the eve rebuilding I did. But it all looks good. Before and after pics below.

2015-11 renovations 0002.JPG

2015-11 renovations 0013.JPG

PXL_20211123_210057992[1].jpg

PXL_20211123_210157382[1].jpg

This year we built the nicest shed the building inspector ever saw and started getting the yard ready for landscaping next summer (bush and tree removal).

2021-09 renovations 018.JPG

In the fall I installed a gas heater in the garage. HEATED GARAGE! You know what that means? Work on the car will be starting again!!!! Been watching Graveyard Carz and learning a lot about the OEM stuff that I want to replicate. But with that education I learned I have some issues to resolve. Plus, my wonderful wife asked for AC. So, I need to make some modifications to the fire wall for that. I know a 440 4spd would have never had AC, but it's not a number matching car so what the heck. I like AC on those hot summer days and don't like sticking to the seats anyways. Happy wife = happy life.

Here is what the car has looked like for the last six years.

2021 12 body work 001.JPG

And now for the unveiling....

2021 12 body work 002.JPG

Stay tuned for the progress. At least thru the winter...

Last edited:
I like your avatar. I need to look thru my pics and share one with you that you may like.
Thanks for your service! I like Chargers and have read your thread before. Good to see you back on it.

Auto Transport Service
Back