• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sherman 70 bee quarter skins

DaneBisel

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Anyone ever use these? How was the quality/fit? Thank you for your time.

The stampings aren't terrible BUT the metal is .030 THINNER than stock. Personally I'd use them as patch panels but never as a full skin BUT there are many out there who have used them for years as that was all that was available until AMD came on the scene.

Any other options for a 70 bee? I'm not crazy about thinner skins! Thank you

I don't believe AMD makes quarter skins or quarters for 70 coronets. If they do I can't find them!

No other option for 70 Coronets and the Sherman quarters look terrible in my opinion. Depending on the "significance" of your Bee I would go the expensive way and search for some OE metal.

Classic industries has them not sure if they are AMD but says mopar authentic. MM1205 and MM1206

I'd virtually guaranty those are Sherman's - too cheap to be AMD. An AMD patch panel costs more than that whole skin !!

I have used Sherman - they are junk period. I put one on mine and ended cutting it back out - found one out of Stephens in Alabama. Pretty good not perfect but repairable. Had them bring it to swap meet in Indy and picked it up there.
Also used one one a 1967 GTX - wheel lip wrong, wheel well off so much stock trim would not fit in l well opening. AMD panels are really good if you cannot find OEM but there are lots of stuff they d not make depending car year and model

Goodmark not the best either - I have used those on other cars but better than Sherman

Auto Transport Service
Back