• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shift Cable Dimensions

Ratroaster

Local time
10:42 AM
Reaction score
Hi. Does anyone have the cable lengths for the push button shifter cables ( shift & park ),
for a 1963 Plymouth big block?

Thank you.

On my '62 dodge, 361, Torqueflight

Overall length of the shifter cable, from eye to very tip of the insert, 48".

Cable housing looks to be around 43"-44".

Park cable, overall from eye to the tip of the insert, 54"

Housing is around 48".

FYI, the factory Parts Book lists the 1963 B-body BB shift cable part number as 2266405 and having a 48" length. The park lock cable part number is 2401291 for the Plymouth and the Dodge cable has a part number of 2401292

By chance, would A&A sell the hard to find conversion kit for the 65 B-body console shift to accept a 66 and up trans? I know Imperial Svcs. once did, but seems their number is under a new name.

Bryan, I may be wrong, in which case one of the members will correct, but I believe
all the cables and conversion kits on the market are/ were made by Imperial Services
which now goes by the name ProAmerican. Which is the same company, different name. I'm also not sure if they are making anything nowadays.

Imperial Services can be very unreliable! Use caution when dealing with them. If you are lucky enough to make contact with him, ask if the part is in stock, how long will it take to ship it, ect. Cover your butt when you deal with him...

Ok. Yea, that was what the recording said, Pro American.
If they are unreliable, I will just find another way to do this. I dont have the patience for bullcrap.
Thanks guys for the input.

Ok. Yea, that was what the recording said, Pro American.
If they are unreliable, I will just find another way to do this. I dont have the patience for bullcrap.
Thanks guys for the input.

Maybe Classic industries?

DO NOT USE PRO AMERICAN!!! He bought out Imperial Services years ago, but has ALL his businesses in shambles! He stole $410 from me, he will promise you anything, then just take your money. Steve Charette is a liar and a thief! Do not do business with him, period!

Auto Transport Service
Back