• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

should 5 gallons of gas get the fuel gauge to move

Dominic Torreto

Local time
11:43 PM
Reaction score
I realise there is 20-25 gallons in a tank on a 1970 dodge charger. So would 5 gallons get it to about an 1/8 of a tank on the meter? just trying to figure out if the gauge works for fuel.

if it's flat out empty and you stick 5 gallons in it, That nay not be enough to get the gauge going.

Given the fact you had an oil pressure gauge issue... I am going to go out on a limb here and guess you have issues in your instrument cluster. Could be bad grounding, voltage limiter, etc...

I hope so at $1.29 a liter that about all i can afford LOL

Hey Prop $1.29 x 4.5 Liters . 1 imperial Gallon

So imperial Gallon would be an english measure....U.S. Gallon is 3.785 liters....

UK/Canadian gallon price $5.80...That is nuts!

GUys american dollar is more than canadian dollar so there is a small discount on the some. Not to mention which octane rating is in canada? You guys are a big supplier of alcohol so E85 is probably cheap. I know they make e85 carbs lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I remember back when I was a kid in 2001 gas was only 1.07 a gallon.

when I was a kid it was .20-.25 per....sometimes it would JUMP to $ 0 .29'9...or few pennys more!

Not to bring some philosphy into this post but doing some research and looking at history gas prices is what altimately killed the muscle car age in the late 1970s when Saudi arabia put the embargo against us because we helped out israel. Thats when the whole efi cars in the 1980s got really popular along with turbocharging a 4 cylinder car for performance which gave rise to the Japanese imports in the 1980s and 1990s.

Things are looking up,$1.16 today for a litre of gas (gold)

Not to bring some philosphy into this post but doing some research and looking at history gas prices is what altimately killed the muscle car age in the late 1970s when Saudi arabia put the embargo against us because we helped out israel. Thats when the whole efi cars in the 1980s got really popular along with turbocharging a 4 cylinder car for performance which gave rise to the Japanese imports in the 1980s and 1990s.

You need to do more research... Our own govt killed muscle cars with emission controls in the early 70's.

The gauge should move. It can be frustrating, but it's worth it in the end.

You need to do more research... Our own govt killed muscle cars with emission controls in the early 70's.

I realise that the emissions started it but when gas reached a record high in the late 70s also ended it to man. Trust me I know about the emissions control the 440 in my charger is from a 1975 ramcharger and it is dragging a lot of burdens from the government.

Actually it was a combination of high fuel prices, high insurance prices and emission controlls. I remember when gas hit a buck a gal in CA. Can also remember waiting in line for fuel and there was a 10 gal limit. The country went nuts. Even in the late 70's the 72 and older muscle cars weren't worth crap. Few could afford the fuel and insurance.

The insurance was having a fit yes but in 1971 GM and Ford had already detuned their cars to meet the regulations Mopar held out and 71 was still a muscle car year. By 72 they were all toast...Hemi put out to pasture.

Auto Transport Service
Back