• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shoulder Belt retainer on '68 Road Runner

Chi Town Runner

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:23 AM
Reaction score
My '68 RR (build date 22 Mar 68) has the shoulder belts stored above the drivers and passengers doors. There is a metal receiver for the seat belt buckle as part of the visor attachment. I believe originally there was an elastic strap with a snap to store the folded part of the belt. Anyone have a photo of it or maybe it's reproduced somewhere.
Any thoughts?

beerestoration2019part2 078.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 080.JPG
beerestoration2019part2 081.JPG

There's a member on here or on Moparts that can replace those for you. Price is reasonable and turnaround is fast. Unfortunately I don't remember his name but he usually has sets of restored belts for sale on Moparts so just contact him that way.

^^^ he is the seller and the refurbisher he works with told him not to take on any more work at the current time.

I'm getting old and sometimes dreams and reality get confused, but didn't they have what looked like a large paperclip coming out of the headliner to hold the belts up!

I'm getting old and sometimes dreams and reality get confused, but didn't they have what looked like a large paperclip coming out of the headliner to hold the belts up!
in '70 when they realized the '69 female buckle was in the way of the visor and hurt when it unlatched and swung down. '70 they swapped belt ends with the shoulder becoming the male buckle.
superbirdcleanup20182019 1365.JPG

superbirdcruisecanadaday2020 002.JPG

There's a member on here or on Moparts that can replace those for you. Price is reasonable and turnaround is fast. Unfortunately I don't remember his name but he usually has sets of restored belts for sale on Moparts so just contact him that way.

Thanks.
I reposted on Moparts to see what surfaces.

Auto Transport Service
Back