• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show me your 69 F5 green car please.

Flint

Local time
10:43 AM
Reaction score
Would like to see some F5 green cars. I’ll be putting my 69 RR back to this color after a black repaint.

Last edited:
All 24 colors available on 69 roadrunners are shown ON 69 rr's in a you tube video.
You can search for it at you tube.

I’ve watched it many times but the cars are inside under artificial light. I removed my windshield the other day and and found original paint that had not seen daylight since it was built. The color is really growing on me.

Here’s F5 that’s not seen daylight since 69

77E3E5C8-618B-4471-83E8-7F74742707FD.jpeg

FB2D5273-1831-4041-955C-2A9852974008.jpeg

Would like to see some F5 green cars. I’ll be putting my 69 RR back to this color after a black repaint.
I looked on Google half of them are F8 they have pictured. :BangHead:

Here's my 69 barracuda. 1st pic is how it was when I got it. I think it may have been painted atleast once. I know the driver side front fender and hood had some work done to it and was repainted at some point. The rest are after I repainted it. Lighting can really change how the color looks. Also adding the black strip changes it as well.

cuda.jpg

cuda5.jpg

cuda2.jpg

cuda3.jpg

cuda4.jpg

That is one of those colors depending on shop lights, sun light or shade it changes colors of green

Somewhere I have a photo of a '69 Road Runner in original paint I took in about 1980. The car had been hidden away in a garage undercover since 1970. I will try and find the photo, scan it and post today for you.

After seeing Flints post, I didn't realize how much and how fine the metalflake was in F5. I'm betting that's why it changes shade so much, depending on lighting.

I removed the windshield and found good paint under the big rubber gasket. Yes zoom in and it’s full of fine metal flake. There’s a newer paint out called Tropical Glitz Lemon Lime that looks exactly the same. At least online it does.

It seems F5 is a one year color with not many correct examples around.

Here you go.

scan.jpg

Not a digital photo, but 35mm film from 1980. '69 383 4spd. Road Runner. A real day two car that had been put undercover in a garage in about 1970. Not to see the light of day until 1980 when I took this photo. It had period headers (I think Hooker, but not sure), aluminum intake and a SW tachometer that required the separate box underhood. Oddest change was it had a Dana installed back then (unsure of the ratio). The donor car for the Dana could have been the source of the 15"x7" rally wheels as well.
The real piss off to this photo op was the new owner just purchased the car from the original owner. I found out about 6 months later that the original owner was my co-worker's brother. He neglected to mention this car to me for years, even knowing I was a Mopar aficionado. So I missed out. Not sure what became of it. I lost track of it not long after the photo was taken. Not sure if it remained in SW Ontario or not.

The roof is green. It was/is a triple green car.

Auto Transport Service
Back