• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Pics of your 68 or 69 Roadrunner

This colour is called Barracuda Orange. I had some cop dog dishes on her but like the bare look better....

I LOVE that look too with the bare black wheels. The car I've attached here is not mine - I found the photo online somewhere, but dang the stance and wheel setup on it look great.

Attachments

• 1969plymouthRRblackWheels.jpg
    1969plymouthRRblackWheels.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 2,347
OMG!!! The red is beautiful!!!!!

No kidding! I know that just because you have the same color of paint won't necessarily make it come out the same either - I want his painter to come do my car in that color!

here's my '68 sport satellite. It's not the original QQ1 blue that's on the body tag - the previous owner shot the paint himself in his garage with a blue that's a little off. It's really oxidized on the top, hood, and trunk.

Attachments

• My68Front.jpg
    My68Front.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 2,550
I had to post this one too - also not my car - this car was for sale a few months ago. The owner told me it was painted '68 B5 blue (although in '68 it was QQ1 blue, so i'm not sure if it's QQ1 or '69 B5). This is one of the nicest B5 blue paint jobs I've seen (in a photo at least).

Attachments

• 68BluePlymB5ElecBlue1.jpg
    68BluePlymB5ElecBlue1.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 4,412
From what I am seeing, no matter what color you paint your car, you can not screw up a 68/69 RoadRunner.

I want to hear back from 68x426 on what color code red his car is painted! Wheel and tire size also please.

I want to hear back from 68x426 on what color code red his car is painted! Wheel and tire size also please.

Hi 68 Sport Satellite thanks for the compliments. Garaged, yes. It's not red, it just shows up that way in most pictures. It is V2, the original Hemi Orange, aka Tor-Red Iridescent. In the sunshine it is a blazing Hemi Orange, in the shade it looks more red, and most pictures it looks red. I attached a few pics to show the color better (and the rake).

Tires are 215-65-15 front and 295-50-15 rear on Stockton TQ.

Here's some pics where the V2 really pops. Won Best of Show that day (April 2010 Tracy CA), over 400 entries, killed the Chevys. Here in Northern California it is heavy chevy country. 9 of 10 cars are chevy, so it's a blast to take home awards.

68X426, that car is beautiful in that color, did you ever concider doing the hood black-out treatment on it?

Thats beautifully done. Love the wheel/tire choices and the stance. Also like the solid color. Do you have to wear sunglasses to work in the engine bay? lol

68X426, that car is beautiful in that color, did you ever concider doing the hood black-out treatment on it?

Yes, thinking hard at this moment. We tested the look with black fabric and liked it. Especially because 68s only offered a partial hood treatment (and no stripes), so an entire flat black hood would be one-of-a-kind (I haven't seen another yet). So looking into the vinyl wraps right now.

68x426 -

thanks for the color and tire info as well as the extra pics. I was thinking about doing the blacked out hood on my car, but your car looks great in the orange color. I would leave it as-is!

Are you running the Super Stock springs in the back or something else? I installed Hotchkis leafs in mine, which drop the rear by 1" and after seeing yours and a few others, I'm wondering if I don't like the look of the rear a bit higher...

I live in San Jose. Are you in the bay area as well? Can you refer me to whoever did your paint and bodywork?

The rear suspension is the CalTrac system with the CalTrac mono leaf spring. It sits just right, and it is glued to the pavement when hammered (the RR has a 660hp 505ci Hemi, A&A racing 727, and Dana w/4.10s).

I don't know why CalTracs work but they certainly do. Everyone I've met or read about that has CalTrac on a B-Body says the same: it glues the tires to the ground.

The paint was done in Indianapolis by Goverts Paint. Total Mopar family heritage, as Wayne Govert is Ray Nichels son-in-law. I understand from the previous owner that it was truly the original formula of Chrysler/ PPG High Impact "V2" paint, but using modern chemicals and lots of clear coats.

I live outside Sonora, up in the Mother Lode. I make the Sacramento and Madera shows each year, (great shows) but I missed Mopar Alley each time. It's on my schedule for this June. It'll be great to meet you and forum members.:eek:ccasion14:

The rear suspension is the CalTrac system with the CalTrac mono leaf spring. It sits just right, and it is glued to the pavement when hammered (the RR has a 660hp 505ci Hemi, A&A racing 727, and Dana w/4.10s).

I don't know why CalTracs work but they certainly do. Everyone I've met or read about that has CalTrac on a B-Body says the same: it glues the tires to the ground.

The paint was done in Indianapolis by Goverts Paint. Total Mopar family heritage, as Wayne Govert is Ray Nichels son-in-law. I understand from the previous owner that it was truly the original formula of Chrysler/ PPG High Impact "V2" paint, but using modern chemicals and lots of clear coats.

I live outside Sonora, up in the Mother Lode. I make the Sacramento and Madera shows each year, (great shows) but I missed Mopar Alley each time. It's on my schedule for this June. It'll be great to meet you and forum members.:eek:ccasion14:

Thanks for the info - yeah, I've been looking at Caltracs for awhile now and they have a good rep for doing great things for these cars. I may consider Caltracs later if I ever up my HP. It all takes lots of $$...

I made it to the Mopar Alley show the last 2 yrs, but didn't have my car running at the time. I'll be there again this June, so hopefully I'll see you there. When are the Sac and Madera shows? How about the Tracy show you went to? (Sorry we're getting a little off topic here - last post on this I promise). If you have a website that lists them all that would be great.

My Bird/Plans

Ok, I am not a real computer guy but I finally figgered out this uploading thing. I've wanted a Mopar all my life and really love the Roadrunner/Superbees. I wish I could say that I brought this car to here but my talents are not in metalworking like Prop, Matt, Donny and others. You guys are very brave and I for one am glad to see what you all do to restore these great cars. But I digress.
Found this car on Ebay. It's from Conroe Texas. Body is VERY solid and it has only a documented 18K miles. (at least that is what the title says) Suspiciously, the fender tag is missing. Frankly, I really don't care. If I need to, I'll take it to the Galen Guy to have it verified, or not. BUT, I finally got mine.
I had the car shipped enclosed. The car ran like crap. I put in the Mopar performance ignition and a carb kit and did put in plug wires. dont worry I'm keeping everything. I should clarify, I found a local mopar guy and I helped him put it in. He is one of my customers. The car has a bunch of electrical issues and the interior is what I call "Texas Baked" The top of the back seat is so brittle, it will break, and the car needs paint as the roof is bubbling. But those are all very fixable. The engine is very strong which does lend to my confidence with reguard to milage of the vehicle. Someone before me took the dash apart and really half assed it back together. The car also had the front torsion adjusted all the way down to the nubs. Got that fixed.
Plans: fix all electrical gremlins this summer. I have ordered torq thrust chromes, 15"x8.5 with 255/60's on back 15'x7 with 225/70's on front. Roads are rough up here, hence the 70s on front. All new front end parts/alignment. In the winter, I'm taking it to get it painted and interior done. This guy does outstanding work.
Question to the purists: Since I have to get the interior redone, would you just go with something a little more modern, or try to have it brought back to it's original self. I for one wouldn't mind putting some sort of modern seatbelts.
Also, not sure the picture will show it, but, there are holes in the left side of the trunk lid like there was some sort of emblem there. I've looked and looked and have never seen anything there on others cars. Is it possible that a dealer drilled the holes and stuck the dealer emblem on the car?

Daryn

Attachments

• DSC00786.JPG
    DSC00786.JPG
    145.5 KB · Views: 2,157
  • DSC00782.JPG
    DSC00782.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 2,158
  • DSC00783.JPG
    DSC00783.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 2,194
  • DSC00787.JPG