• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your car haulers, Then and Now

glassman

Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
It's always cool to see a good looking car hauler. Ramp backs, flat beds, box trucks and even todays trailers that are all lettered up. Lets see photos from then and now.

539659_10200401181060213_1124206990_n.jpg
Mine is about as simple as it gets, but i don't use it a lot.

Just a plain white enclosed 24' Forest River trailer but I still have my old 16' open flat bed car hauler too which is looking worse for wear. Hey Larry, how come you didn't post something about yours? :D

Spent a year at Kunsan AB, came back home and bought a truck n trailer and went racing! What we do to go racing...

10519703_10201314152896191_5074966816834966446_o.jpg

10519703_10201314152896191_5074966816834966446_o.jpg

Wow some really sweet haulers posted. Wish I had room to put one for my GTX. I barely have room for the car itself.

Car Haulers, then and now

20110624_38.jpg

Pictured above is the same 1965 Chevy PickUp that I towed the single axle trailer with during the 1967/1968 Season. I still have the truck today, some 50 years later, wish I had kept the Funny Car...

20110624_62.jpg

Pictured above is my single axle trailer that I used for my 1965 altered wheelbase Funny Car during the 1967/1968 season. Notice the 26" engine setback shown in the picture. And those guys were my "pit crew", they went to all the races with me and helped me out an awful lot. That's me in the driver's seat of the car when I was 25 years old.

The next picture (BELOW) is my new open flat bed trailer that I am using for my 1966 Coronet for the 2016 season.

20150918_190822.jpg

I started racing Mopars in 1963 when I bought my first drag race car 53 years ago...it was a 1963 Belvedere Aluminum Nose Max Wedge Car.

20110624_62.jpg 20150918_190822.jpg 20110624_38.jpg

Last edited:
My Hot Rods and Harleys hauler. image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Just a plain white enclosed 24' Forest River trailer but I still have my old 16' open flat bed car hauler too which is looking worse for wear. Hey Larry, how come you didn't post something about yours? :D
I would love to put a picture of my trailer on the site. Problem is , I have tried with no success. It is like a giant 24' billboard with big "Sled City Fiberglass" , and "Danger Brothers Racing Team"lettering on it and a giant Ram and checkered flag. It has been spotted from Florida to upper Mich, and only hauls my Max wedge and Hemi cars . Some day it will haul my Flathead Chrysler powered Willys Gasser. I have looked at the other members rigs and they are fantastic. www.moparts.com has a thread like this and on the first page is the 4 door white 70 Dodge car hauler that says Says "Danger Brothers Racing team" That is the truck that I used for 10 years and it was built by Eddie Smith of "the West Virginia Hemi" team. It also belonged to Ray Christian for many years till I bought it from Ray. I also have Ray's 68 Hemi Cuda. I really would like to have the old truck back, so if anyone has info on the truck, please relay it to me.

Ok you guys, Remember the 60's when we would flat tow ?? I remember saying "Some Day I will be able to afford a trailer".Back then only the high dollar racers had OPEN trailers.Now everybody seems to have beautiful enclosed trailers. Keep the photo's coming.

Does the dog go with the trailer if so I will buy it, lol. Very nice trailer I love it.

Ok you guys, Remember the 60's when we would flat tow ?? I remember saying "Some Day I will be able to afford a trailer".Back then only the high dollar racers had OPEN trailers.Now everybody seems to have beautiful enclosed trailers. Keep the photo's coming.
Or used tow hubs which were a royal pita.....

Sure do remember those days.. And when you seen a car on the street with welded tow bar brackets hanging down from the frame you would look twice.

Story: In the early 70's a friend of mine had a Demon that he took to the track. The tow vehicle was a 57 Chevy and they used a tow bar. Well the Demon had carb issues at the track so it didn't run well at all that day. Then on the way home the 57 died. It ended up that the race car Demon ended up towing the 57 Chevy tow vehicle home! Picture that episode.

Sure do remember those days.. And when you seen a car on the street with welded tow bar brackets hanging down from the frame you would look twice.

Story: In the early 70's a friend of mine had a Demon that he took to the track. The tow vehicle was a 57 Chevy and they used a tow bar. Well the Demon had carb issues at the track so it didn't run well at all that day. Then on the way home the 57 died. It ended up that the race car Demon ended up towing the 57 Chevy tow vehicle home! Picture that episode.
Seen that before lol. How bout racing the tow vehicle after the race car broke? One day, when my car was down, I went to the track with a buddy and I raced the tow vehicle while he ran the race car. Only got one time trial with the tow vehicle and cut a really crappy light so I pushed it and left on the 2nd to the last yellow in the 1st round and cut a -.001! oh well.

here is one from the sixtes I drove that hauler for paul rossi but that was when he went to the 65 Comet. The picture here is when he drove for Westborn Plymouth in Dearborn Michigan. It was a converted beer truck with a VW van body behind the cab. we took his car down to a new car show in Louisville, Kentucky in 1965 for the District dealers to draw people to the new car exhibit.

9467038_orig.jpg

9467038_orig.jpg

Here's a pic of mine hauling a buddy's GTX. I usually drive my car to the local track but tow if it's more than an hour away.20151211_102741.jpg

20151211_102741.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back