• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shrinking glove box door

dspur

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:55 PM
Reaction score
After finally finding center dash pad for ac rally dash - 69 Super Bee- I have also obtained an additional glove box door that came with it. Both it and the one I have seem to have shrunk on the face of them, leaving an angle and a gap that doesn’t look that great to me when installed.

Anyone have a fix for this, perhaps gently heat up and re-mold somehow? I’d like to try to fix before I paint it.

On another note, I see pg classics now has the middle pad with ac, and with the artificial stitching. Problem is the glove box doors they sell do not have the stitching. ‍♂️

0C0B4A14-B28C-4D5E-936F-0D16EBDAB965.jpeg

usually the pads pull apart from interior part of frame. I pulled it apart added 2 part epoxy and clamped together and pretty much looks perfect. If you can find originals you will be much happier, I changed out all my reproduction ones to original because of the reproduction material looks like ****. JMO

Auto Transport Service
Back