• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sidemarkers

anmracing

Local time
10:40 PM
Reaction score
Ok, sooooooooooo, except for the reflectors, is there a difference between the frames of the rear and front markers on a 1969 GTX/RR/Bevedere?

The ones in the front are different then the back ones the front are deeper

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I'm spending more money this week.... LOL!!!!

Got back from the body shop to check out the sidemarkers.

We have two from a '68 Coronet and two that came on the '69 Plymouth. Turns out the Coronet sidemarkers are shallower than the set from the '69 Plymouth. After further inspection, it turns out they are both the same. So then we were checking out if we should go the same all the way around or keep what we have. I think we'll do the shallow pair from the '68 up front and the deeper pair on the back.

Any thoughts? Anyone care? LOL! The wife said to get the correct set. We'll see....

All 68' B-Bodies have round side marker lights

All 69' B-bodies have rectangular side marker reflectors
My 69' RR has the same depth housings all the way around, same p/n as well

'70 B-Bodies have more square like, but still rectangular combination side marker lights/reflectors Deeper housing than 69'

Amber colors up front, Red in the rear on all

Hope it helps buddy!

You know what, I miss-typed. The coronet was a "69, not a '68. Man, I need to take a typing class..... LOL!!!

Anywho, the 1969 Coronet markers are shallow and the 1969 Belvedere's are deeper.

Thanks Propwash, I didn't realize I did that.

My front markers are deeper than the rear, they fit in any location but the front must be different because of the fender angle.

Hey no sweat amnracing.........Would look pretty wild with rounds in the rear and rectangular in the front..LOL

Sure wish the 69's were light up like the 68's or 70's...Kind of looks neat all lit up on the sides at night

My front markers are deeper than the rear, they fit in any location but the front must be different because of the fender angle.

It's odd, because when I look for the sidemarker bezels none of the places that have them say whether it is for a Coronet, Belvedere or otherwise. They just say B-body. All I know is that I have one red one and one amber one from a Coronet and they are shallow and the two I still have from the Belvedere are deeper. I'm gonna keep the shallow and deep ones and paint them the body color and stay with that.

Hey no sweat amnracing.........Would look pretty wild with rounds in the rear and rectangular in the front..LOL

Sure wish the 69's were light up like the 68's or 70's...Kind of looks neat all lit up on the sides at night

I did come across a set of light up side markers on YearOne (PN: LED69 I think it's the 3rd page in. Can't seem to link it). I'm thinking they would really set her apart from the rest...... I'm considering them, another purchase for the mystress.... Kinda pricey though, I don't love her that much.... ROFL!!

I just took my refectors out of the sockets yesterday, the tabs are petrified for sure and will break. Use your heat gun and warm up the sticky tape and they come right out, the tape is right in the middle. those reflectors are easy to find, the ones at the parts stores for trailers are almost the exact size and dont cost 35.00 each like on ebay.

It's odd, because when I look for the sidemarker bezels none of the places that have them say whether it is for a Coronet, Belvedere or otherwise. They just say B-body. All I know is that I have one red one and one amber one from a Coronet and they are shallow and the two I still have from the Belvedere are deeper. I'm gonna keep the shallow and deep ones and paint them the body color and stay with that.

I did come across a set of light up side markers on YearOne (PN: LED69 I think it's the 3rd page in. Can't seem to link it). I'm thinking they would really set her apart from the rest...... I'm considering them, another purchase for the mystress.... Kinda pricey though, I don't love her that much.... ROFL!!

Wow..Those are pretty cool! You're right on the price....Ouch!!!

I just took my refectors out of the sockets yesterday, the tabs are petrified for sure and will break. Use your heat gun and warm up the sticky tape and they come right out, the tape is right in the middle. those reflectors are easy to find, the ones at the parts stores for trailers are almost the exact size and dont cost 35.00 each like on ebay.

Good to know Russ! Thanks.

No doubt about the plastic being petrified. The wife was looking at them the other day and she broke them... I guess I'm gonna have charge her for the damages.... LOL!!!!

Im going to see if I can find a light style that will fit into those reflector boxes. Mine are messed up anyway and it would be cool to look at, and for you original guys Im not going to modifly anything that cant be swaped back easily lol.

Ok, here are the side markers that we have.

Even though the one on the bottom right looks red, thanks to a straight on flash, it is actually a dark amber. Those are the two that are from the Coronet. The two on the top are from the Belvedere.

1228635721_DbmtG-M.jpg

Here is the side view. Just wanted to show the diff between the Coronet and the Belvedere.....

1228635900_VUh9s-M.jpg

I guess this horse has been beat enough.... LOL!!!!

So what was the question? Oh, yeah, I guess I just answered it. Looks like there is not a diff between front and rear but there is a diff from car make and model.... Does it really matter, I guess not 'cause any way you break it down, MOPAR still rules!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back