• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*sigh*.... wish I had a lift....

RC is too busy watching Les Miserables right now to ask Mrs RC for permission.

My garage was 11ft 3 inches and I was able to put a lift in it. I used a bendpak and it went up 6 feet. Im 6feet3 so it kinda sucked to be honest.

Sold it. It was mostly in my way or being used to store my other cars on.

Glad them days are gone.

after he gets permission from his wifey the wonderful Mrs. Crainium {she must be to put up with RC} to adopt me,
then I'll let you use them....LOL

I miss having a lift & a nice big garage, someday again, it's only money, can't take it with ya'...LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still using cardboard too, it's better than a cold floor/concrete
-
"someday again, it's only money, can't take it with ya'...LOL" i've never seen a coffin with a safe in it, lol

- - - Updated - - -

I hear ya! I can't imagine in 10 years from now. BUT, I'll still be doing it. I was just telling the wife how my shoulders hurt, my chest, my legs, my abs, my forearms, my calves, my neck, etc. all hurt! LOL. It's amazing how "in-shape" you think you are until you do that down-under-out-up routine a few dozen times! WHEW!
-
65 in a couple of months and the hardest thing i have learned so far is, don't let your mind write cheques your body can't cash anymore. that was a hard lesson to learn. lol

I am getting a car lift installed here tomorrow. I built my workshop with this in mind. Tall ceilings and deep concrete footings where the columns will be. I'm 49 and still in great shape, but my tolerance for laying on my back doing underbody stuff is getting shorter and shorter.

Try doing 2" TTI ceramic coated heavy headers on your back with jack stands! Just need a shop period! lol

You wish you had a lift and i wish i had your garage!!!!
Well thanks steve from staten island! One with a little old 24x24 garage doesn't hear that much. But then again, those of us not crammed into staten island forget about what you guys DON'T have! Thanks for reminding me how good I have it!

I just found a second Gray brand air/hydraulic bumper jack at a local speedometer shop tool sale.

It's the exact same model as the one I already have, but it's in slightly better shape (except it's missing the rubber pads) and it was $25 cheaper.

Now I can do both the front and rear bumpers at the same time (even in my dirt floor pole barn).

I've even got the wheels turning on fabbing up a way to use them on the sides with some kind of spanners (since most of my cars have hard points in the same place).

Wooooo!

Attachments

• Car lift 12.jpg
    Car lift 12.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 99
  • car lift 17.jpg
    car lift 17.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 85
Auto Transport Service
Back