• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*sigh*.... wish I had a lift....

Wile E Coyote

Super Genius
Local time
12:28 AM
Reaction score
Installed a new master cylinder on the Bee.
Had to bleed the brakes; on the ground.
Up down, up down!
Exhausting for a 50 year old with a new hip!
One day, I'm gonna have that lift!!!

super bee master cylinder.jpg

I hear you on that 67 here and it's tough crawling, rolling, sliding, under my 68 I just did a new disc brake install but, have yet to bleed them. Waiting for a couple an fittings then down for the count. My buddy had just got a new hip 6 weeks ago and is really happy with it. Good luck with yours.

A piece of cardboard can be a mechanic's best friend!

I feel your pain and I mean pain! No hip replacements yet but Author doesn't like to help out.
You're working outside too. It's 15° here and 40° in the garage. Getting cabin fever already.
Great looking car you have there Wile!

Btw, didn't know Dodge made a burn barrel ???

Btw, didn't know Dodge made a burn barrel ???

LOL - you noticed!

Bored one night. Printed off "DODGE CHARGER", grabbed a cocktail, headed to the garage, broke out the 1-inch drill bit and went to town! The neighbors love it at night when I've got the old burn barrel going'! Thanks!

You think it's a bitch now, wait till you're as old as I am. I just did a dual master cylinder conversion and all new brake lines on my Belvedere. Between all of that and then bleeding everything, I must have been up and down under the car at least fifty times. That was a week ago and my back is still sore. It's hell getting old, but I'm not giving up dammit.

You think it's a bitch now, wait till you're as old as I am. I just did a dual master cylinder conversion and all new brake lines on my Belvedere. Between all of that and then bleeding everything, I must have been up and down under the car at least fifty times. That was a week ago and my back is still sore. It's hell getting old, but I'm not giving up dammit.

I hear ya! I can't imagine in 10 years from now. BUT, I'll still be doing it. I was just telling the wife how my shoulders hurt, my chest, my legs, my abs, my forearms, my calves, my neck, etc. all hurt! LOL. It's amazing how "in-shape" you think you are until you do that down-under-out-up routine a few dozen times! WHEW!

I have 5 years on my new hip - I got it a month before I turned 47. Take good care of it and the rest of your body. A few months after I had my hip replaced, I put a new rearend in my Belvedere. When I was putting the leaf springs on, I was laying on my side to protect my new hip and ended up partially tearing my biceps by "over doing it". LOL

You bunch of "Old Farts"! Lol

You ever heard the saying "Old Mopars never Die, they just run Faster?" Just wondering...

Take it from a "OLD FART" ,, A lift was the best investment I ever made. 15 years now !:hello2::hello2::headbang::happy7:

I have a lift but I always keep a bunch of cardboard around to lay on.

Take it from a "OLD FART" ,, A lift was the best investment I ever made. 15 years now !:hello2::hello2::headbang::happy7:

I agree, a lift and air tools are the best tools that one can have. One lift is good, but two lifts doubles the parking space. :beerchug:

Attachments

• DSCF7455.jpg
    DSCF7455.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 236
Sonny needs on...BUT I do not have the time right now to use it..LOL!
Richard, how much height do you need I have 11.2feet...but have an I beam in the middle...
it might attract a wrench "buddy" as I need another set of hands too,,,,hands, time, and smarts to assemble....:icon_confused:...I an getting old I guess..

Attachments

• 100_3928.jpg
    100_3928.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 216
My shop only has 8' ceilings....and wasn't thinking about how things would be when I turned 64 :D That happens in early May. Only good thing about getting this old is SS and a reduction in property taxes at 65.

Last edited:
Sonny needs on...BUT I do not have the time right now to use it..LOL!
Richard, how much height do you need I have 11.2feet...but have an I beam in the middle...
it might attract a wrench "buddy" as I need another set of hands too,,,,hands, time, and smarts to assemble....:icon_confused:...I an getting old I guess..

My ceiling height was 9'-0" & if you recall, I raised the ceiling last year to (I believe) 11'-10". 11'-2" will still allow adequate height to work on a car underneath. A P/U truck or van would be a different story.

[video=youtube_share;Dz5Y34fUjlA]http://youtu.be/Dz5Y34fUjlA[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video]http://www.superlifts.com/singlepostlifts/sp4.html[/video]

I use a sheet of masonite. Inexpensive and smooth to slide on. Like catshit on a linoleum floor!!

I have a lift but I always keep a bunch of cardboard around to lay on.

I have several 4x8 pieces of nice thick scrap carpeting that I will throw under a car to work underneath. I don't really like using a creeper and the carpet is a lot warmer than a cold concrete floor. Plus with the carpet, if you drop something it's less likely to roll away.

Awwww..nice! Rc,. Can I come down and use your lift?

after he gets permission from his wifey the wonderful Mrs. Crainium {she must be to put up with RC} to adopt me,
then I'll let you use them....LOL

I miss having a lift & a nice big garage, someday again, it's only money, can't take it with ya'...LOL

- - - Updated - - -

I'm still using cardboard too, it's better than a cold floor/concrete

Auto Transport Service
Back