• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Silly non-technical question..

relax Francis.. I've been around forums plenty and know how the search function works.. sometimes its good to get fresh opinions for folks who weren't involved in previous discussions.. have you ever asked someone how their day went? wouldn't it be annoying if they said I answered that two years ago...go look it up. Anyhow, thanks for participating in the thread despite its annoyance to you!:drinks:
Young man - it appears to be yourself in need of some "relaxing"....I try to help those who would
help themselves. Some appreciate it - and then sometimes, the hit dog hollers, too.

After all, some folks (such as your newbie arse, perhaps?) aren't even aware of the Search feature here...
while others are simply looking for drive-thru service and don't want to be bothered to do their own homework.

"Annoyed"? You assume much, yet know little...
I'm done with this.

I've seen a guy with a cool dual cup holder that snaps into the ash tray location.. His car is a 69 so it's got the tilt out style ashtray.. Early 68 uses a slider style but the tilt out style interchanges so it would work... Don't know where he got it, or if perhaps he made it....

Eric Jalbert has the cup holder dilemma figured out in this video:

Oly crap, I’ve heard of a couple pumps to start the car or even one to set the choke. His technique seems like flood city, if the throttle linkage survives. Two tings: Disinclined to buy a ride he owned and 2nd wouldn’t want to be alone with him after the sun sets. Lol

When I finally find the right 68' I plan on driving it to work, store, everywhere.. these cars are beauties and cant imaging just keeping it locked up in the garage. But as I was walking in to work the other day I was thinking what is the Coffee cup holder solution - anyone come up with any clever ideas? Gonna be tough to hold it if I succeed in finding a 4spd.
We have two wide based insulated mugs that have a very wide base and we set them on the passenger floor and have used self adhesive Velcro to hold the cup on the console. Regular insulated cups I put on the seat beside me and can lean it against the console.
I know some people frown on having beverages while driving

If his car was new enough to have a CD player, his problem would be solved.

“Thats a good point.. collector insurance isn't going to allow the miles ill pile on it.. they do need to make you whole again.. so similar condition, similar options, etc.. some comps would help with traditional insurance I suppose.. any suggestions??”

Not really, you will need to shop around. I understand some companies are a little more lenient than others. Some are even requiring proof of another daily driver car with insurance before they will cover a collector car. Some companies allow more annual mileage and are a little more lenient on use but you have to be careful and ask questions. I tried to add a Ford Lightning pickup to my policy - a very low mileage, pristine, perfect truck - but one I used to go to Lowes on the weekends with a small trailer to get lawn materials and carpentry wood or pipe for various projects. At first the agent said OK but as I pressed him on if someone rolled a shopping cart into it or bumped it in the parking lot or something like that, he started squirming and finally said, well this insurance isn’t really intended for that type of use so maybe you need to leave it on your daily driver policy.

Auto Transport Service
Back