• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sitting in ICU with my brother.

Agreed, my Dad died at 82 and my Mom died yesterday at 86. Neither ever had heart issues. My 4 brothers and my sister are all in our 60's and no sign of heart issues so far.
Sorry for your loss sir! I hope you and your family know my thoughts and prayers are with you.Take care!

Glad you could be there with your bro. A brother's bond is like no other as I know.

My good friend Dave had a heart attack at home age 54. Slim, ate well, avid golfer, occasional hiker. 1 stent and within 6 mo he started upping his hiking and got to hiking 4 times a week within 3 mo, often hiking for 8 miles or more. 10 years later and he says he's in the best shape of his life.

Wish there was a reliable safe non-invasive way of detection. Not everyone survives a heart attack and has the opportunity for a stent or bypass. Diet is key for sure.

Glad you could be there with your bro. A brother's bond is like no other as I know.

My good friend Dave had a heart attack at home age 54. Slim, ate well, avid golfer, occasional hiker. 1 stent and within 6 mo he started upping his hiking and got to hiking 4 times a week within 3 mo, often hiking for 8 miles or more. 10 years later and he says he's in the best shape of his life.

Wish there was a reliable safe non-invasive way of detection. Not everyone survives a heart attack and has the opportunity for a stent or bypass. Diet is key for sure.
And yet I've known guys who ate all the right stuff, done all the right things & died of a heart attack before the age of sixty....
And other guys who refuse to do much of anything to take care of themselves that have made it well into their eighties and still going...
I think genetics is part of it, Some folks are just to ornery to die... Take Kieth Richards for example... LOL..

Prayers and best wishes sent!! You're a good brother!!

When you say "left side" of the heart that's evil territory. I'm just curious if it was blockage of the main artery? The left as many of us know is the infamous "Widow-maker" Mine was 100% blocked and only by the grace of God am I typing right now. Most simply drop dead. The veins are survivable but the artery ........
When I was back in the cath lab with him they showed me a pics on a TV screen. Before and after pics. If I recall correct it was on his right side ( left side of the pic when looking at the screen.)

Well good news, he just called and is getting released later this morning. :thumbsup:
I told him his girl friend was making me breakfast so it will be a little bit before I leave.
Got a F.U. back from him,
he's going to be fine.:lol:

Well good news, he just called and is getting released later this morning. :thumbsup:
I told him his girl friend was making me breakfast so it will be a little bit before I leave.
Got a F.U. back from him,
he's going to be fine.:lol:
That's fantastic news! :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back