• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sixpack

Kennetto

Local time
6:17 PM
Reaction score
The threads on the fuel level adjuster on my front carb fuel bowl are broken,and i must try to find a new fuelbowl, are the front and rear bowls interchangeable on Holleys 2300, and where to find i live in Sweden so it is almost impossible here.

I believe they interchange. You can also get them new using the LIST number of the carb, which is its part number, from Holley and other sources. You mentioned that the hole for the needle and seat unit are stripped. If you are using the type of needle/seat unit which uses a large brass threaded nut to lock it down as opposed to the skinny non threaded nut and big headed screw type, thats why it stripped. The type with the brass nut does not have the same threads per inch count as the other correct type and is guaranteed to strip the bowl.

Both the outboards are the same bowl.

The center and outboards are different bowls. The secondaries don't have an accelerator pump, or a vent on the top, and the fuel level plug hole is higher on center and lower on secondary.

Maby it is possible to save the bowl with same kind of thread glue

No once the threads are gone you are done. The thread is there to allow fuel level adjustment in the float bowl. You will get a fuel leak if the two gaskets on the needle valve do not seal.
I have seen them drilled out and re-tapped but it looks odd.

At one time there was a repair kit for the stripped threads, but it was $$$

Last edited:
If there's enough thread to set fuel level, you can use an epoxy sealer to solve the leak... but it will be permanent.

Auto Transport Service
Back