• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snotty66scott new member

Scott E Ray

Local time
6:46 AM
Reaction score
Hello everbody. I've finally joined up. I have a 1965 Coronet 500 that I have been working off and on for about 8 years or so. originally a 361 auto car, it is now a 440 30 over, edelbrock intake /rpm cam/800 cfm carb. I swithed to a passon performance hemi overdrive 4-speed, been on the 5-speed list forever. Most likely stick with the 4-speed. Trying to get car finnished up and on the street. not a restoration just a fun car. been dealing with the dreaded cowl rust and rear wheel arches. Should of bought the patch panels 8 years ago , all dried up now.These cars are sure hard to get parts for. took 3 years of searching to find a 4-speed top plate for the console. I've watched a lot of parts slip by on this site, I don;t know I haven't joined till now. looking forward to advise from you guys on these Mopars. I hope I can just get it going and have some fun before they make me put a electric motor in it!

DSC00057.jpeg DSC00060.jpeg DSC00061.jpeg DSC00151.jpeg DSC00206.jpeg DSC00208.jpeg DSC00211.jpeg DSC00228.jpeg DSC00230.jpeg

Looking good your work is paying off to a fun ride.

Welcome from St. Charles!! They are hard to get parts for, I saw a console for one on Ebay for 15 hundred dollars. I think it's still there.

Welcome from Buffalo NY! Nice ride!

Welcome from Buffalo NY! Nice ride!
Welcome from Carthage,MO. You need to try attend Mo-Kan Dragway, Asbury, Mo. for the MoPar's Invade on April 2nd. Always a great swap meet and a well run event. I bought a '57 DeSoto from Rich Hill in 1975. I still have the last 3 feet of the car.LOL

Welcome to FBBO from another 65 fan and native missourian now living in Illinois. Keep up the good work on that Coronet!

Welcome from NY.
Nice one and it looks like you are doing a great job with it.
:thumbsup:

Welcome from Alabama, progress is progress, keep it going.

Welcome Snotty66 aka Booger? Looks like your project is coming a long. Hard to find parts are a bitch but rewarding when found. My project is stalled lazyness.
:D
1965 Dodge 001.JPG
1965 Dodge 003.JPG
1965 Dodge 004.JPG
1965 Dodge 015.JPG 1965 Dodge 009.JPG

Last edited:
Welcome from a fellow 65 Coronet owner on the west coast. My car is sans some panels too now.

9F9A4034-5BC9-4871-9555-CD57D37B308C.jpeg

Welcome to FBBO

Thanks to everybody for the welcome. Still trying to find patch panels for rear quarters. i'm thinking of cutting outer wheel house loose and fixing the wheel arches with sheet metal of fiberglass , then installing some rolled metal out to the inside of the fender with a rubber push on seal up against the inside of fender , Kind of like a mini tub . Might give more tire room also. I saw an article about doing this very thing and using 3m adhesive and spot welds or rivets, then spraying on undercoating. what do you guys think?. I have looked at some push on rubber seals with wiper edge , they look like they would be the perfect thing to use there. I just figure my body work skills are lacking ,so it would be easier to just deal with the fender by itself and not try to weld or attach the wheel house the the fender.

Auto Transport Service
Back