• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So anybody try a wideband O2 on a crossrammed Hemi yet?

Thanks 2blader! Making progress! Hows that steering box?
Whelp getting the old one out was a friggin project. Removed passenger side valve Cover and pushed the shock stud down through the hole. Dropped the driver side header out. Got the new one in. THEN I took the column out to remove the old Borgeson coupler that was pinned. I have zero idea why it was even there. The new coupler is longer so I figured I would remove it so as to not destroy anything. Start working on that and a ton of rust and dirt come out of the column. SMFH....whelp I ordered a new turn signal switch and not I am restoring my column as they just painted an old POS column where the bearing were rusted and crunchy. It is insane the detail on this car and then they do this crap. It is just too nice a car to quit on.

Good attitude. Fix it now or you won't sleep well at night.
Well while doing it the I inadvertently dented my oil pan so I pulled to fix the small dent. While looking in the pan there was a lot of sludge in the bottom of the pan considering I only had 50 miles on the oil and a tad or metal on the plug. So I pulled a main cap to look at a bearing. Fine thank god. I trust very little now with who assembled the car/owned the car/maintained the car. I have a rear main seal leak too. Going to do that while it is apart. I will get back to the O2 stuff someday.

Those 4150 hemi single feed 68 Super Stock replacement carbs do not like fuel pressure for regular street cruising. Under long deceleration, like 45 to 15 mph getting ready to turn unto a freeway onramp) the fuel bowl will over fill and dump gas into motor.

Buddy has two 68 hemi cross ram's. One in a Dart auto and Barracuda 4spd. They will start right up in a 50 degree morning. Super reliable. His 16 year old daughter has driven the Dart auto. I drove it 20 miles back from a show. Just cruising around not hardly touching the throttle, it drives like a stock 340. Now if you move that gas peddle a 1/4"... it's unleashing a beast. Like Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde.

Put in a fuel regulator. 4 1/2 to 5 lbs is what works. He runs this inline regulator (right of fuel pump) because it can be sorta hidden incognito.

IMG_5463.JPG

Last edited:
Those 4150 hemi single feed 68 Super Stock replacement carbs do not like fuel pressure. Under long deceleration, like 45 to 15 mph getting ready to turn unto a freeway onramp) the fuel bowl will over fill and dump gas into motor.

Buddy has two 68 hemi cross ram's. One in a Dart auto and Barracuda 4spd. They will start right up in a 50 degree morning. Super reliable. His 16 year old daughter has driven the Dart auto. I drove it 20 miles back from a show. Just cruising around not hardly touching the throttle, it drives like a stock 340. Now if you move that gas peddle a 1/4"... it's unleashing a beast. Like Dr Jeckyl and Mr Hyde.

Put in a fuel regulator. 4 1/2 to 5 lbs is what works. He runs this inline regulator (right of fuel pump) because it can be sorta hidden incognito.

View attachment 1313749
I will keep that in mind. TY Scott

I will keep that in mind. TY Scott
Hi 2 Blader
I also run a fuel pressure regulator - I only have a mechanical fuel pump but agree with autoxcuda that these single feed Holleys are pressure sensitive. Im currently at ~ 5psi according to my Aeromotive gauge.

Hi 2 Blader
I also run a fuel pressure regulator - I only have a mechanical fuel pump but agree with autoxcuda that these single feed Holleys are pressure sensitive. Im currently at ~ 5psi according to my Aeromotive gauge.
dam that low. I am at 6.5-7. I just run a mechanical pump and a regulator. Have to make a note of that. Any idea how many ponies ya got as a comparison with fuel pressure etc.? Mine was 730 at the dyno with 472 cid. However, on the hub dyno it was 585 at the wheels which TBH I thought was lackluster considering it is a four speed.

Just trying to keep the fuel bowl full with an adequate volume of gas. I don’t think pressure is as important as volume. And you have 4 bowls of fuel to pull from.

The Hemi I posted is a 528 with a Barton rotating assembly and cam (I don’t know the cam specs)

dam that low. I am at 6.5-7.
Just trying to keep the fuel bowl full with an adequate volume of gas. I don’t think pressure is as important as volume. And you have 4 bowls of fuel to pull from.

The Hemi I posted is a 528 with a Barton rotating assembly and cam (I don’t know the cam specs)
solid roller correct. I think mine is .646/.676 or something close. TBH I wish I had an extra 100 cubic inches for the cam to take some of the bite out of it on the street ie. idle rpm.

I think its just as important to keep the float level adequate. Because I run 6 psi, I lower the float bowl fuel to 1/8 turn below the recommended spilling from the float bowl screw. With the AFR gauge I'm able to keep an eye out for a severe lean condition occurrence.

Oooooooweeeee she looks good. How she running? I went to the Don Garlits Show last week as a spectator as rain was predicted and it did. It was a nice show. My first all-Mopar event since I moved south. I may go to the Sunshine State Mopar Car Show this Saturday if it's still on after this weather.

Oooooooweeeee she looks good. How she running? I went to the Don Garlits Show last week as a spectator as rain was predicted and it did. It was a nice show. My first all-Mopar event since I moved south. I may go to the Sunshine State Mopar Car Show this Saturday if it's still on after this weather.
Hi Ernesto! She’s running good now! I have a bit of front suspension work to do (strut bushings oh boy) but otherwise shes road worthy! Let us know if you see anything cool at that show. Weather will keep us indoors I think this weekend as we are dealing with the back end of that hurricane

Stay safe JD. I will let you know how the event goes. The storm passed my way leaving medium rain and wind. I lost power for about 2 hrs. The power loss is nothing unusual where I live. Good to hear that 65 is running well. I went with larger squirters on the Holleys. I still have the surging but I'm not giving up. The AFR's are very good all around though.

Holley’s don’t like fuel pressure, just volume. Good pump with some .110 N/S with 5-5.5 pounds is all that’s needed on the factory carbs. I’ll be digging into mine here a little more serious here soon. My MP cross ram on the 505 had great drivability (I drove it a ton). I plan to really dial in the 770’s as well as a pair of L88 850 vacuum secondary carbs I have on this new combo. It’s now a 548 with a barton cross ram. I’ll be using my LM2 for tuning.

F31D8863-63B4-4A5F-955E-D69211855D4F.jpeg

Here’s a quick video of the old iron headed 505. You can see how docile it ran with the MP ram.

Auto Transport Service
Back