• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So anybody try a wideband O2 on a crossrammed Hemi yet?

2blader

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
Would you need two sensors and two gauges? One for each bank? Also why is there no vacuum port on the crossram carbs? Thx Scott

I'm using one also on a MW and put it in a header extension and helps with tuning. All things being equal, as carb tuning, both sides should be the same. I use a synchronizer type gauge on the carbs to get them equal.

Yep I run an innovate dual bank kit on my 2-4 hemi and installed the weld in bungs in the header adapters.

Show pix of the stuff you are using for the newb. Would be appreciated.

I like that innovate dual channel, but it doesn't explain what you need to data log, or how. Can't look at it during a 120mph pass, got to be able to data log, and replay.

I agree, a data logger would be helpful. I don't have that option either. Just know I'm in the ballpark and the car runs like a scalded cat!Hope to get more info on my combo this spring. 2021 wasn't a good year for me and then got the covid in early September, so ended any racing for the year. ruffcut

The car I bought is extremely nice but wasn’t built to drive. Never aligned, loose steering wheel etc. Gas leak, 3 coolant leaks and I could go on. Car was built in 2014, engine in 2007/8. Before my test drive I do not think the tires were ever broken loose. Car drove like s&&T, ran like s&&T. I knew what I was getting into. Oil leaks everywhere. Dropped the carbs off at Barton to get rebuilt and brought the car to have the intake put back on, carbs on, started etc. Put it on the dyno but ran outta time for tuning so just wanna make sure its where it should be. I think it runs fat…so thought the O2 is the way to go.

I agree, a data logger would be helpful. I don't have that option either. Just know I'm in the ballpark and the car runs like a scalded cat!Hope to get more info on my combo this spring. 2021 wasn't a good year for me and then got the covid in early September, so ended any racing for the year. ruffcut
I hear that! 2022 hasn't been great for me yet either. Car is setting in the air needing brake work.....and has been since 1/9 when I brought covid home. Exhausted just walking to the mailbox, or playing with my pooches.
Wanted to take the car to the vegas race 1/15. Didn't happen. Not sure I'll make the next one.

here you go newb:lol:
578D0ACD-34BD-48BF-915C-DA875826B867.jpeg
0ADA87F5-12BA-45DE-884D-2C564ABB05ED.jpeg
BCBF9278-5BDE-4DA4-8295-CDA8C4D7BAB9.jpeg
66EEA94A-95BE-4BF7-9AE8-68E6C419776E.jpeg

I've been experimenting with Koso gauges on the modded 800. above the bars is afr,below is egt. the screens are normally blue, flash
pro r gauges.jpg
red if your in the danger zone. much better than digesting numbers at speed!the warning levels are completely adjustable.
the 500ci stroker is getting AFR in the spring, why throw hp and pistons away when the opportunity to actually see what's happening in the cylinders is now a reality!

I run an AEM wideband on my 472 cu Hemi with a late Mopar cross ram and the re-issued Holley 770cfm carbs. I drilled my coated TTI passenger header with the car on jackstands. I welded the O2 bung. My thinking was if I need to drill and weld a bung in the other side, I will do so. I haven't had to do so as my tuning the one side got got me there. I also relied heavily on reading my spark plugs. My process took me, on and off, about a year. I took copius notes and read a very good article sent to me by a member here Fran Blacker. He was very helpful. I drilled, pinned and tapped my carbs for adjustability. I'm running a PCV system, Moroso catch can, Mopar Elect. Ign with no vacuum advance. My car is a cruiser and I'm knocking down 13 mpg. These intakes were not made for street manners but they can be made to work.

I hear that! 2022 hasn't been great for me yet either. Car is setting in the air needing brake work.....and has been since 1/9 when I brought covid home. Exhausted just walking to the mailbox, or playing with my pooches.
Wanted to take the car to the vegas race 1/15. Didn't happen. Not sure I'll make the next one.
Oh man hope you get better….

I run an AEM wideband on my 472 cu Hemi with a late Mopar cross ram and the re-issued Holley 770cfm carbs. I drilled my coated TTI passenger header with the car on jackstands. I welded the O2 bung. My thinking was if I need to drill and weld a bung in the other side, I will do so. I haven't had to do so as my tuning the one side got got me there. I also relied heavily on reading my spark plugs. My process took me, on and off, about a year. I took copius notes and read a very good article sent to me by a member here Fran Blacker. He was very helpful. I drilled, pinned and tapped my carbs for adjustability. I'm running a PCV system, Moroso catch can, Mopar Elect. Ign with no vacuum advance. My car is a cruiser and I'm knocking down 13 mpg. These intakes were not made for street manners but they can be made to work.
ooooof looks like its definitely a process. What does drill, pin, and tap the carb for adjustability. I love the look of the xram but they are a bear to live with. Do you have a solid roller cam in it? I thought about EFI BUT have heard nightmares about it. Never seen it done on a crossram either.

It is a process. I like to learn and I don't give up easy. To adjust the various bleeds in the carbs, i.e. idle fuel restrictors IFR, idle air bleeds IAB, power valve channel restrictors PVCR, you measure the factory orifice, drill the orifice, tap for a 6/32 or 10/32 brass insert. This allows you to install threaded "jets" to adjust the air or fuel orifice for tuning. Then you tune for idle, cruise and wide open throttle. I understand why some choose the EFI route. It has been done on Hemis. I prefer port fuel injection vs. TBI. I have an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 on a stroked 318/390. It runs very good but there too, was a learning curve. Pick your poison, it will cost you time, money or both.

And yes a solid flat tappet spec'd by Dwayne Porter, Porter Racing Heads along with the work on the iron heads.

It is a process. I like to learn and I don't give up easy. To adjust the various bleeds in the carbs, i.e. idle fuel restrictors IFR, idle air bleeds IAB, power valve channel restrictors PVCR, you measure the factory orifice, drill the orifice, tap for a 6/32 or 10/32 brass insert. This allows you to install threaded "jets" to adjust the air or fuel orifice for tuning. Then you tune for idle, cruise and wide open throttle. I understand why some choose the EFI route. It has been done on Hemis. I prefer port fuel injection vs. TBI. I have an Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 on a stroked 318/390. It runs very good but there too, was a learning curve. Pick your poison, it will cost you time, money or both.
I guess when I get serious I may get in contact with ya if thats OK. It runs ok but it runs fat…. Has anybody efi’ed a Crossram. ….and thx for the information.

Auto Transport Service
Back